Chapter.5 I'm screwed

'Evan asked me out to a movie tonight.' The note read. It had hit the back of my head and landed behind me. When I reached to pick it up, Christina had a huge grin spread across her face.

When I read the note I turned around to her and gave her a thumbs up.

I had no idea what changed her mind about Evan so suddenly, but she was now happy to be going on a date with him. I saw Evan in the hallway this morning and I knew he looked happier than usual.

"Miss Raffi?" Our English teacher, Mrs. Newton called. "Would you like to read me that note?"

"Ah . . . no?" Christina blushed, embarrassed.

"That was what you would call a rhetorical question. Maybe if you had been paying attention and not passing notes you would have known that." Mrs. Newton smirked. I hated her. She loved to make us look like idiots.

Christina sighed, standing up and adjusting her short skirt, she opened up the note and was about to read.

"Ah!" I made a lame attempt to fall out of my chair, but I really did bump my head on the floor. I wasn't planning on really getting hurt. I just wanted to make a distraction so Christina didn't have to read the note.

"Oh! Nicole are you okay?" Christina played along.

"I hit my head Mrs. Newton. Can I go to the nurse?" I faked feeling lightheaded.

"Sure." She sighed, clearly annoyed, but she couldn't deny a student access to the nurse.

Christina quickly helped me up and ran with me out the door to the hall way.

"Oh my god! Your a life saver!" She hugged me when we got away from the class.

"Don't thank me yet. When we go back to class you might have to read it." I smiled.

"Who said we’re going back?" She smirked evilly, holding up the keys to her car that we took today.

"Are you crazy?! You want to skip school! We will be in so much trouble! My parents will kill me and--"

"Shush!" She cut me off. "Your such a wimp!" She giggled. "We can just cut class stupid. Not the whole day." She rolled her eyes at me. I folded my arms.

"We only have twenty minutes left of class. Where did you expect to go with only twenty minutes?" I said harshly.

"Just up the street to, like, a MacDonald’s. I really want a milkshake." She flipped her hair, sneaking out the back door of the school . . . the only door that stays open all day.

We walked into the MacDonald’s and placed our order and sat down at a table. The other adults that were probably here on a lunch break, were all staring at us. Good thing my dad worked at least an hour away from my school and my mom worked at the local nail salon, but she never left for lunch because there was a pizza place right across the street.

"Bad girls huh? Cutting class?" The familiar voice echoed in my ears.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" I asked shocked, turning to face him.

"Hi Matthew!" Christina smiled.

I stared at her, half mad and half wondering why she wasn't all star struck like last time. She ignored me.