Chapter.6 Caught

Chapter.6 Caught

"Okay, bye mom!" I called, running down the stairs, my hand on the door nob.

"Wait. Nicole? Can you come here for a minute?" She asked, her tone was different and I couldn't tell if I was going to get in trouble or if she was just asking me a question.

"I'm going to be late for school and I have to pick up Christina." I whined.

"I'll right you a note. Just come here." She insisted.

"Yeah?" I asked walking into the yellow and white kitchen. My mom painted it, she likes bright colors and it's the main reason we live in California.

"Did you by any chance get the Star Magazine?" She asked smirking. My mom smirking? I wasn't getting in trouble, but what did she want?

"Ah, no. Why?" I asked, clearly confused.

"Oh well I was just wondering . . . what you were doing on the front cover!" She screeched with excitement, throwing the magazine in my face.

"What?!" I stared at the page with wide eyes. I stoped breathing as I took in the title. 'Matthew Palmer and his mystery girls.' It was a picture of Matthew, Christina and I walking back into the school, his hand on mine and Christina's back.

"When were you going to tell me that you were friends with Matthew Palmer?!" She gleamed.

"Mom! I'm not friends with him! I hate him! This picture was just . . ." I couldn't really tell her what was going on because then I would have to say I skipped class. "Never mind." I sighed. "Bye, I'm going to school."

"Okay baby. And if you really want to tell me what's going on with you and that celebrity, I'll be here." She giggled.

"Well I wont tell you much because nothing is going on between us!" I growled and stormed out the door. Nothing was going on between us!

"Oh my God!" Christina screamed as she got in the car. "We are on the cover of a magazine!"

"Yeah, I know." I sighed.

"What can you possibly be upset about?" She scolded.

"My mom thinks there is something going on with me and Matthew. Now the whole school will too."

"Well they could think it's me and Matthew?" She shrugged.

"No. They all know that you've been going on a few dates with Evan."

"Oh, yeah. Well it's not like it's official, but I want it to be." She smiled at me.

"Really?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I really like him. I don't know why I didn't like him before. Oh no! I hope he doesn't think I'm dating Matthew!" Her smile faded with the last thought.

"Oh, he wont. Don't worry." I soothed her.

We pulled up to the school parking lot and got out, the day was bright and warm. The sun was beating down on the pavement and glistening off of my car. I loved seeing days like this.

Then my mood was ruined as I walked up the steps of the school and was faced with flashes and people yelling for my attention.

"Girls! Girls! Over here!"

"What are your names?"

"Are either of you dating Matthew?"

"Which one?"

"Girls over here!"

"No over here!"

They were everywhere, in every direction, and there was no going around them. I knew paparazzi was crazy, but we wern't even famous. We were just two ordinary girls in high school for crying out loud!