Chapter.4 Jerk

Chapter.4 Jerk

"Hey Nicole!" Christina smiled, heading for me.

She took the seat next to me at the lunch table and handed me a little black box.

"What's this?" I asked, eyeing the box.

"Why don't you open it and find out?" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes, smiling and inside was a little aqua anklet with beads. It was really cute and it matched the top I was wearing.

"Aw! It's so cute! Thanks." I hugged her and put it on.

"No problem. I got a pink one. There supposed to be, like a wishing anklet. You no, you tie it on and when it falls off your wish comes true. The one you have is love and mine is romance. So when yours falls off it means that your in love with the last boy you talked to and the same with me." She gushed. She was really into these kind of things, like wishing on stars and . . . anklets?

"Oh. okay." I shrugged.

"Trust me it works! My cousin Steph told me that when her's fell off in front of her boyfriend he proposed to her!"

"That's just a coinsidence." I said, taking a bite of my apple. She rolled her eyes.

"Nah, they really work." He said trying to imitate a girl's voice. Matthew.

"Do you always stalk the people that don't like you so maybe you can change their minds about you?"

"No, but that's a good idea." He smirked, walking away and sitting at the same table as Evan. Evan locked eyes with me and gave me a thumbs up. He was taking my advise on getting to know Matthew so he could impress Christina.

Matthew saw Evan give me the thumbs up and I swore I saw jealousy cross his face.

I was at my locker when someone embrassed me from behind.

"What the-- oh, it's you Evan." I sighed.

"Hey, thanks for the advise. I think I might try and talk to Christina tomorrow." He smiled.

"Good." I congratulated him, hugging him back.

"Oh and a bunch of us were planing on going out to eat this week. You in?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"Okay well I got to go. If I'm late to gym again, Mr. James might kill me." he laughed. He hugged me again. "Thanks again."

"No problem." I smiled wholeheartedly.

"Okay, I got to go!"

"Okay! Have fun." I smiled.

"Hey I'll call you tonight, okay?"

"Okay!" I shouted as he ran down the hall.

As I turned around, I bumped into a muscular body.

"Oh! I'm sorry I-- never mind. I'm not sorry." I glared at him.

“You don’t want to talk to me?” Matthew asked in a kind of mocking way, like I was kidding. He obviously doesn’t get turned down much.

“Nope.” I answered, popping the ‘p’ a little louder than necessary and turning to walk away.

“But,” He ran to catch up with me, tugging on my arm in the process. It was clear in his face that he was getting frustrated and his ‘too cool to care’ façade was pealing off in every angle. “Everyone wants to talk to me! I mean, I’m Matthew Palmer for crying out loud!” He almost whined like a child.

“Then I’m sure you wont have a problem finding someone else to talk to.” I said, pulling my arm out of his grasp and turning to walk away, again, for the second time.

The look on his face was priceless and I wish I had a camera to capture that satisfying moment.

But, he was a persistent one; I’ll give him that. He doesn’t like to give up, that’s for sure. He was right in front of me, grabbing that familiar spot on my arm to turn me towards him . . . once again.

I sighed with defeat. It was clear that he wasn’t going to let this go. He wasn’t just going to walk away from possibly the only person, if not only girl, who doesn’t want anything to do with him.

“Is there something wrong with you?” He asked seriously, staring me in the eyes. I was suddenly felt very insulted, huffing with anger.

He ignored it. “Do you have lack of oxygen from not breathing when you first saw me?” He asked, a little less serious, but it doesn’t mean he didn’t think it was possible. If his head could grow any more than he would have a hard time balancing it when he walked.

“Is there something wrong with you? Is your head too big that you cant function properly?” I asked, glaring now. He just stared at me like I was talking gibberish. “You listen to me, oh mighty Matthew Palmer!” I said sarcastically. “I don’t want to talk to you, I don’t want to look at you, I don’t want to be in the same place with you at the same time. I don’t want anything to do with you and your arrogant self. So get this threw your big fat head . . . leave me alone!” I threw my hands up and almost growled.

Again I wish I had a camera.

He just stood there, not hearing, not seeing, but in a daze. Apparently no one had ever said that to him, not even close.

I just smiled to myself with gratification and walked to my car, leaving his motionless, buff body behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment please!