Chapter.21 Bad Girl

Chapter.21 Bad Girl

"Big mack and a coke please." I ordered at the counter. Matt laughed behind me.

"And . . . for y-you sir?" The cashier stumbled her words. Her face turned red with embarrassment. I could tell what she was thinking, 'Oh my gosh! Matthew Palmer is standing right in front of me and I just stuttered!' I had to hold in my laughter.

"I'll have the same." He smiled his glistening smile and she was stunned.

"Ah . . . that will be twelve fifty four." She almost whispered.

"Keep the change." Matt said, handing her a twenty. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I love how much you eat Nicole." He chuckled as we took our seats.

"Oh, gee, thanks." I said sarcastically. He laughed harder now.

"You know what I mean. It's nice to eat what I want and not worry about offending anyone. Did you know, like, half of Cali are vegetarians?" He raised his brow, like he told me something I didn't know.

"Really?! That's amazing! Please, tell me more." I laughed over dramatically.

"Shut up." He smiled.

We got our food and ate, despite the flashes trying so desperately to get past the mob of screaming girls out side. It turned into a routine that I wasn't sure if I could ever get used to. We went out, we ducked or pulled hoods over our heads and we tried to ignore the hounding paparazzi. Matt would sometimes stop to sign an autograph or two, which I didn't mind.

We had thought that if we went to a low class restaurant or a cheese burger place, that no one would think we were there. We were wrong. I swear someone has a locate chip on Matt and they tell everyone else where he is.

"Oh Matt! I have such a good idea!" I smiled, wiping the mustard from my mouth.

"What?"

"We should go to a wig shop."

"Come again?" He choked. "Why?"

"Because, if we have to hide from the paparazzi all the time, we might as well have fun with it." I shrugged. He nodded.

"Yeah! We can get weird wigs and sunglasses and--"

"Slow down there. We aren't going on a shopping spree." I giggled.

"I'll pay." He winked.

"Now your talking." I joked and he laughed.

We ducked from the cameras as we left for the wig shop. I bought a long curly blond wig and Matt got a skater boy brown wig. He bought me Gucci sunglasses that might cost more than my car. He got a pair for himself and by the time we left there it was around eight thirty.

"Should we get going?" Matt asked, unwillingly.

My parents had now told me that my new curfew was ten. They were worried, still, about me spending a lot of time with Matt . . . most of that time at night. Paranoid old people.

"Probably." I sighed. It would take about twenty minutes to get back and more with traffic in LA.

"Yeah so Christina asked if we wanted to go to the carnival on Saturday."

"I don't know, I'd like to have fun on rides and stuff, but all the cameras." He huffed.

"Do you not remember our disguises?" I winked.

"Oh yeah. Then yes. We should go." He smiled.

"Matt this isn't the way to my house." I said, confused as he passed a gated community. I obviously did not live around here.