Chapter.22 Room Mate

"Do you want a room mate?"

"Matt, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked, looking down at the ground to see he had grabbed a latter to reach my window.

"Does that mean you wont let me in?" He asked with a smirk, grabbing my hand and jumping in with a thud.

"Crap!" I exclaimed.

"What?"

"My mom!" I whispered in a rush as I scrambled to the window to put the screen back in. He cursed under his breath and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I forgot." He smiled, playfully. I sighed at him.

"Nicole?" My mom knocked. "What was that noise?"

"Ah . . . nothing mom." I yelled back, running over to Matt and grabbing his arm, towing him to my closet. "Stay in here and don't make a sound!" I whispered, threatening.

He leaned close to me, mocking, "Or else what?" He asked breathlessly.

"Nicole? Open the door!" My mother said impatiently.

I rolled my eyes at Matt, shoving my hand over his face and pushing him back in the closet as I shut the door.

"Love it when you play rough," He said, annoyed. I hopped over to the door and opened it in a fluster.

"Yes?" I asked breathlessly.

"What are you doing in here?" She asked, stepping in and looking around. "What was that noise?"

"Oh . . . that? Uh . . . it was nothing. I just fell off my bed." I forced a laugh and she looked at me.

"You are so clumsy, Nicole." She laughed, walking back to the door.

"Ha . . ." I pretended to smile. "Okay, good night." I waved, closing the door. I ran over to my closet and saw Matt smirking at me.

"You fell off the bed?" He chuckled. "Very convincing." He shook his head at my bad acting.

"We can't all be Emmy winners," I mumbled, stalking off to sit on my bed. He just laughed in a whisper and followed me. He sat beside me, kissing up my arm and across my collar bone as a shiver ran down my spine. I smiled with pleasure.

"So . . . do you?" He finally asked, breaking the silence.

I opened my eyes, which had closed in relaxation, and looked up at him. "Do I what?"

"Do you want a room mate?" He smiled, excitedly.

"Well I would love for you to stay here, but obviously you can't. My parents will catch us." I explained.

"Are you kidding? They will never suspect a thing with your amazing acting skills." He said sarcastically and I pushed him back on the bed.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, where's your dad?"

"He's away on a business trip for a few days."

"Perfect! I'll just stay here until he gets back. Your mom will never know, trust me. I'll leave really early in the morning to get dressed and take a shower and meet you at school. My parents leave early so they wont see me." He planned.

"Okay, but why exactly are you here?" I asked, truly curious. "Is the big bad superstar afraid of mommy and daddy?" I asked in a baby voice. He smiled and shoved me.

"No, but I'd rather not talk to them or see them right now. I figured I'd give them a few days to cool down and make them a deal." He wagged his brow.