2.12 BÁIHU

Bao woke up the next day finding that Ying was sleeping beside him in his Golden Lion form. Bao was still sleepy and disoriented, crawling near Ying and directly pouncing on the peaceful lion to snuggle on his mane and sleep again. Ying jolted up before moving his head slightly and finding Bao, his adopted "son", snuggling to him like a little kitten. He rubbed his face close to Bao's before going back to sleep.

When the sun was already up, Bao was sitting on the ground watching everyone practice. Lu escaped from his position and went to Bao.

"Oh? Something wrong Lu?"- Bao asked him with a raised brow. Lu frowned at him before ruffling his hair.

"Idiot Bao,"- Lu commented which made Bao indignant.

"What the? Hey Lu! I haven't done anything to you! Why call me an idiot ba?"- Bao frowned at him. Lu didn't want to see him frowning so he pushed Bao's scrunched forehead to smoothen out with his thumb and index finger.

"Don't get too comfortable without doing anything! The food the others do is not as tasty as you do"- Lu said making Bao dumbfounded.

"W-What?"- He asked blushing.

"N-Nothing! I'm going Bye!"- And Lu escaped.

Bao was sitting there in a daze and Baihu saw the exchange between him and Lu.

"System"

[Yes Host]

"The Eagles?"

[They're already perched in the bamboo forest]

"Okay,"

Bao stood up and kept his act, wobbling away.

"Bao"- Bao looked behind him and saw Baihu walking towards him.

"Yeah? What is it?"- He asked him. Baihu opened his mouth, but then he stopped and close his mouth.

"Hmm?"- Bao tilted his head, waiting for him to speak.

"N-Nothing, just be careful,"

"... Okay?"- Bao turned and left. Baihu was looking at his back while he trudged towards the bamboo forest.

+

"What did you say?! Are those clans getting ready for war?! How come?"- I asked the dessert eagles as they gave their reports. I also asked the system to see if they were telling the truth.

[Host they are saying the truth... it seems that... the competition is just a facade to start the battle between the clans]

'What the F?! No wonder... No wonder these Heirs had different demises from the past... f***!'

[what is your move Host?]

"You guys, where and when do they plan to start the war?"- I asked them.

"Sir, The White Tiger Clan will initiate the war as soon as Heir Baihu won the competition"- Yi said

"*bitter laugh* No wonder... No wonder that kitten was so detached, He was molded to be a killing machine... heh!"-I frowned as look down.

"Sir, The Wild Cat's clan... is fast approaching the Neutral Lands... They want to massacre the Heirs and the warriors."- Wu told me. I frowned even more and stared at him.

"Seriously? Is that old man from that clan so eager to meet death so fast? Do they have something that drives them to an advantage?"- I asked Wu.

"... They have the dire wolves on their beck and call."- My eyes widened as lean closer to Wu's perched form.

"What did you say? How could that happen?"- I look at him sternly. Wu remains unperturbed and reported,

"The Dire Wolves diminished in number, and the Wild Cats hostages their Alpha's Mate and the pups. Naturally, the Alpha's mate could fight back, but she was weakened after just giving birth, They could only concede"- He said.