3.8 Li Yuming

A/N:  FURRBALLS!!! QWQ) I MISS YOU GUYS!

I am so so sorry for leaving a long hiatus and this month is almost ending! Omg! I hope you all didn't get tired of waiting for me! QWQ)

You can berate me or encourage me later in the comment section about your feelings and woes because of the hiatus! I'll take it Furrballs! I'll sincerely reply and create the next chapter after a quick 4-6hr nap. 

See you all soon! Like really soon I swear! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash blinks his feline eyes and stared at Li Yuming...

'Say system, should I act as I know him and scratch his handsome face? or should I act like I forgot him and change into a new leaf?' Ash asked the feline system who was looking at the three humans inside the room. 

[You can go ahead and turn into a new leaf, at least it will lessen the chances of you spending your time with Lucas and you can finally try finishing your counterattack missions.]- The feline system suggested and Ash did as he was told. 

Li Yuming held his breath and watched as Ash followed after him in the kitchen and rubbed himself against his leg. He continued to watch as Ash called for his attention and jumped to the countertop to be at his eye level. 

"I... I have been chosen!"- Li Yuming held back his voice while watching Ash rub his face against his palm. Everyone was looking at them without a word, They're probably taken aback. 

[Heart Scale: 50%, wow that is such a big jump!] The feline system was shocked at the sudden rise of scale while it was looking at its Host and the owner. Ash was also surprised but he got over it after a few seconds. So what if they got the 50% now? it's not even at 100% so what is there to feel surprised or elated?

"...Why does that phrase sound so accurate in this scenario?"- Lucas couldn't help but ask, Bai Zhen only kicked his foot and thrown him a nasty glare.

"Because it's the truth."- Bai Zhen said with such confidence that made Lucas immediately irritated.

"Ha?! Are you trying to tell me that everything and every time I spent with Ash is just a lie?!"- Lucas stood up and gripped on Bai Zhen's collar. 

"That your own words. I'm glad you're not that dumb to tell!" Bai Zhen said and Lucas blew his fuse, rolling on the carpets with Bai Zhen while they hurt each other. 

"Amateurs."

*meow*

Li Yuming and Ash looked at the two and asked themselves why they were acquainted with these idiots. The maids came back after a few minutes and Li Yuming immediately started to cook for his and Ash's proportions while telling the maids to ready the two fighting adults there in the living room. 

"Here Ash, medium-rare premium pork with a special sauce that I *cough* proudly made."- Li Yuming smiled and gave Ash the bite-sized steak he made. 

"Yuming, what about me? I want to eat some of your food too,"- Bai Zhen said as he hurried to Li Yuming's said and gave him puppy eyes. Lucas wasn't thick-faced enough to ask for such a request so he took the food the maids made for him and went to the living room to eat. 

"I don't know anyone with a croaking voice and a stupid look on his face! Man up Bai Zhen! And No."- Li Yuming shot his request down that made the tall man droop as he took the food the maid gave him and went to Lucas's location to eat. Ash didn't bother looking at their skit as he took a sniff of the food first before he looked back at Li Yuming's smiling but nervous look. 

[Host, don't agitate him too much! he's your owner!]- The feline system reminded Ash that made him sigh before eating the food. When Li Yuming saw HIS cat eating the meal he prepared, the Heart Scale increased by 15%. 

'Feline system, why is he like this? We might finish the heart scale early and not do anything about the counterattack missions!?'-Ash said in surprise to the Feline System who was also as surprised as him. 

[You should hint them to go back to Wuxia to start the counterattack missions. If this goes on, Li Yuming will fill the Heart Scale faster than we can finish the missions!] The Feline system worried about it that made Ash want to laze instead.

'It can't be helped then, let's go back tomorrow immediately.'- Ash made the decision as he finished the last bite of the steak on his plate while being watched by the three "main leads" of this mission world. 

After the meal, Li Yuming locked Ash's room to play with him and to "reconnect with HIS missing pet" as he said that made Bai Zhen and Lucas frown for different reasons. Bai Zhen's reason is that Li Yuming just came here to New York and yet he is not even paying attention to him, or the fashion trends of the foreign country, OR HIM! it's so surprising for him! As for Lucas, he is still Ash's owner here in New York, and yet he is locked out of the room and Ash didn't even throw him a glance before going inside at all! 

'Devastating! Why is life like this?!' The two mourned while sitting on the sofa in the living room, unaware of the fun that the pair were doing inside the room. 

"Go, Ash! Catch it! You can do it!"- Li Yuming was playing with the playfully active cat of his with the first mouse toy that he was gifted before. Ahs really cherished that toy and his moves were always with caution to not damage the toy. They also spend some time with the other toys and the treadmill that Ash has inside the room and finally settled down when the sun slowly started to set and the sky darkens. 

Ash was lying down on Li Yuming's lap as he combed his fingers through the cat's soft fur, the contrast of the color of the night and Ash' golden orange with black spots fur were fascinating for Li Yuming that it made him inspired to look or make clothing with a similar style of his fur. Ash called for his attention, and Li Yuming met Ash's feline eyes with a soft expression.

"Yes, Ash? Do you need something?"- He asked while petting his head. 

"Home." 

Li Yuming paused and looked at his cat for a long time, did he heard him right? Ash said... home?! My cat can talk human language! Ash can talk!!!!

"A-Ash, can you say that one more time, please?"- Li Yuming made a request to Ash but when he saw the annoyed look of the cat, he still tried to take his chances. So he repeated his request to Ash in the nicest and pitiable expression he can muster. 

'All I know is that my owner is a model, not an actor... is he having a side job?' Ash asked the system while holding his stare with the owner.

[I am as bewildered as you, but maybe if you say it twice he'll stop pestering you.] The Feline system said not wanting to look at the pleading face of the owner anymore.

'He will and he will also raise the heart scale again, did you see him look so ecstatic? We'll be out of here in no time if we raise the heart scale, but the counterattack missions, also my mission to find my identity will be left unattended!'- Ash said to the Feline system that made it snap out of its thoughts.

[Point taken, then just go and walk away.] The Feline system suggested and watched Ash stand up from Li Yuming's lap and went outside the room by opening the locked door.  Li Yuming was left inside the dark room with thoughts running inside his head.

'Ash just talks! It means that he can communicate with us! It means that he can understand us! It means- IT MEANS WHEN I SHOWED MY DISPLEASURE OF HAVING HIM- HE RUNS AWAY INSTEAD OF FACING MY NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR! DANG IT! ' Li Yuming let out a silent but frustrated grunt before looking outside the glass walls. 

"He said Home, but what does he mean by that? Home here in New York, or home there in Wuxia? I want to know." Li Yuming said and sighed.