Alainas past (Part 1)

(❗️WARNING❗️): IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED EASILY DO NOT READ. THANK YOU🥰

It was the summer of 03' Alaina's mom had died 6 months ago from cancer and it changed her family completely. 

Alaina sat on a wood floor with her baby sister playing doctor on their dolls.

"When's mommy coming back, it's probably dusty by now in that box they put her in." Angela had been asking that question ever since their mother died. 

Alaina looked to her oldest sister Lydia and Angela does the same, Lydia makes a point to ignore them and continue to paint her nails cherry red. Their brother Johnathan had snuck a girl into the house earlier and every other minute there were loud thumping noises and strange moans.

"I think they're making a baby," Angela whispered to Alaina who nodded her head in agreement. 

Lydia shot up from her seat mad as ever and yelled from the bottom of the steps, "I'M CALLING PAPA!!! 

A few seconds later Jonathan ran down the steps and grabbed Lydia by the arm as squeezed it till she screamed.

"Mind your fucking business!" he snatched the phone up and went back upstairs to his room. 

 Life in Garland, Texas had changed for the worse when their mother died. Their father picked up extra shifts at the factoryto keep food in their stomachs and a roof over their heads, but after every shift, he'd head to the bar and drink till midnight.

Alaina would come to say when she was older, that his blood must have been pure alcohol now and his teeth cigarettes. 

Alaina was only 8 but she was smart enough to know that when her papa was drunk to stay out of his way, she also knew that in his eyes she was his favorite but she hated him for beating them for no reason at all. 

If dinner wasn't cooked they'd get the back of hand if the house wasn't spotless they'd get the extension cord, and if Aliana didn't come willingly she'd sleep outside on the porch.

When he was somewhat sober Alaina's papa would sit her on his knee and tell her how she was going to grow into this beautiful woman and look exactly like her mother.

One night their father stumbled into the house at two AM drunk and cursing loudly. Alaina jumped up from her bed woke Angela up and hid her under her bed so her papa wouldn't take her to bed with him, Alaina knew better than to let her sister get hurt and suffer but Alaina was stronger and would go with her father to bed when he'd come looking for Angela them.

She always guessed that it was the reason she was his favorite because she didn't put up a fight but she'd have done anything for Angela so there was no question about it.

Alaina got back into bed and when she heard her father open their room door she got up and rubbed her eyes pretending she was asleep. He held his hand out to her and she got up and took it. 

She Angela tears running down her face as she poking her head out from under the bed, Alaina held her finger up to her lips and shook her head so Angelia curled up in a ball and stayed put. When her papa would take her to his room he'd make her undress him and he'd touch her places she didn't want him to.

Somedays Alaina couldn't protect her baby sister and it tore her up inside always because she was usually at school while Angela stayed home with her dad.

When Alaina turned fourteen her father got more abusive and more physical with her and Angela, but she made a point to fight him every chance she could, and that only leads to more beatings. But Alaina didn't care she knew she'd keep fighting.

One day social service showed up at their home when Angela went to school with a black eye and a swollen lip. They had questioned them very briefly but they were cut off by their father who turned into this concerned father and told the social workers that they were nervous around strangers.

The next year Alaina ran for the Miss Teen Bluebonnet pageant and won three thousand dollars, but of course, her father blew the money on beer and cigarettes. When Louis came into Aliana's life she was head over hills in love with him, he was tall and skinny but had a great smile and Alaina felt the love she was missing in her life.

The principal called home one day about Alaina kissing Louis in the field next to the school and her papa broke her arm in two places.

"You little whore! what the hell are you gonna do when he gets you pregnant bring it here?!" 

Alaina's papa told Johnathan to go to her school and to beat Louis senseless so he knew never to speak to Alaina again. When Alaina went to school the next day she had a busted lip and a gash in her head but she told everyone she fell from a tree.

During lunch Johnny went up to Louis and punched him repeatedly until Louis was unconscious, Alaina tried to see him but Louis's parents denied her to even speak to him and soon after he wrote her a letter saying that he was breaking up with her and that he was moving to California.

That night when she got home her sister Angela was nowhere to be seen and the house was oddly quiet when she went upstairs to check their room Angela was laid out on the floor dead holding her father's handgun.

In one day Alaina had lost her sister and the boy she loved and it broke her.

Alaina's world was completely broken when she lost Angela the only thing good in her life. She held onto her sister as long as she could until Jonathan pried her away long enough for the paramedics to take her.

Alaina went to the police and told them everything and she went to trial against her own father when it was later revealed that Angela had been pregnant with his child. Aliana was split up from her siblings and went to live in Ellsworth, Maine with her mother's sister. And that is where her second chance came and where she met her high school sweetheart Josh Hamens.