A Favor for A Favor

Nate had been shadowing me for the past two weeks now and I found it hard to get my work done and teach him at the same time. Aaron was sitting in his office on the phone as usual when I suddenly got a great idea.

"Nate I'll be right back, I'm going to go ask Mr. Simmons a quick question."

Nate slid his chair out of my way for me to get past. "Hey Alaina, I really wanted to ask you something." I looked at him waiting for him to proceed and he ran his hand through his hair again as he usually does when he's uncomfortable.

"Would you like to go to dinner later?"

"Of course Nate, whatever helps you adjust to the company." Nate smiled at me and sat back down looking happy about something.

I know on Aarons's door and he quickly hangs up the phone and beckons me into the office.

"What can I do for you, Miss Jackson?"

I sit down in front of him and smile mischievously. "Alaina by the look on your face I'm not gonna like whatever you're about to say."

"Aaron you know me so well, but yes I do need a favor from you since you finish your work faster than I do." He smiles and puts his hands together waiting for me to continue.

"Well as you know Nate is shadowing me and I can't fully do my job and teach him the ropes at the same time, so could I ask someone else in the office too?" Aaron inhales deeply and starts tapping his fingers on the desk. "You want to put your work off on someone else Miss. Jackson?"

I immediately shake my head and just sigh and stand up. "Well, I tried," Aaron tells me to sit back down and shuffles some paper.

"I'll let Nate help me in my office, but what do I get out of helping you out Miss Jackson." I sit back down and think really hard.

"I'll owe you a favor, whatever you want that you already don't get." He smiles and seems satisfied with my answer.

"Alright send him over but I won't like one bit of this." I nod and head back to my desk.

"Nate, Mr. Simmons wants you to shadow him for the rest of your internship here." Nate looks at me shocked and stands up without another word and leaves.

Aaron stands up and shakes Nate's hand firmly as they sit back down. A few minutes later Nate leaves Aarons's office and heads out into the offices towards the bathrooms.

After work I see Nate waiting at the entrance looking a little bummed out till he sees me and walks over. "Hey, you ready? I was thinking we'd catch a cab to Olio e Piu on Greenwich Avenue."

"Sounds good to me." Before Nate can raise his hand to stop a taxi Aaron appears next to me.

"Don't worry about it Nate we can go in my car." Nate looks surprised and annoyed at Aarons's sudden appearance.

"Actually Mr. Simmons it was just gonna be me and Miss Jackson tonight." I looked at Nate confused and then mentally slapped my forehead as I started to understand where Nate was going with this dinner invitation.

Aaron smiles at Nate, "Of course but it's not like it's a date so surely there's room for one more." Nate balls up his fist and nods in silence.

Nate reaches for my jacket but Aaron is faster and takes my jacket and purse as we walk towards his chauffeur. Aaron opens my door and walks around the car to get in.

"Alaina, do you mind if I get in before you? I'm not really keen on sitting next to the door. I nod and let him enter the car first and sit next to him.

Aaron is visibly pissed as the car drives off and Nate starts addressing me pretending Aaron isn't there. I don't know why men have this power struggle with a woman, especially me being that woman.

"Guys I'm actually feeling a little sick so I'm just gonna go home, enjoy the restaurant without me and I'll see you both tomorrow." Aaron smiles to himself and hands me my jacket and purse.

"Are you really feeling that sick Alaina?"

"It's ok Nate we can still go and talk over your promising future with the company." I smile as the chauffeur lets me out at my building.

"Well, you guys have fun and tell me how it went tomorrow." Nate sits in silence and Aaron waves with enthusiasm as I close the door.

I was sitting on my bed binge-watching The Umbrella Academy when Aaron called my phone. "Hey, how'd dinner go?"

"Oh it went as well as expected, we stayed for about an hour before Nate had something come up."

"Oh, so you guys weren't discussing me in any way right?"

Aaron laughs, "No you didn't come up at all we just talked about work, but can you let me?" I sigh and hang my phone up.

I open the door as Aaron walks in with his overnight bag and drops it on the floor. "You know you can't just show up here whenever you want right?"

Aaron turns around and starts to pout, "But I had a long day doing your work and letting that intern shadow me."

I close the door and help him undo his tie, "His name is Nate and I know what you were up to today." Aaron stares down at me and starts kissing me gently on my lips.

"Aaron seriously what's going on?"

"Isn't it obvious Alaina, he likes you and he even asked me if it was ok to ask you out so naturally I immediately didn't like him."

Aaron pulls off his jacket and wraps his around me kissing the top of my head, "Don't be mad at me I just don't want any guy thinking that you're available, I'm sorry if I'm being overprotective."

I turn around to face him and sigh, "I know I'll have to deal with it soon too but I'm a woman and women are way more dangerous." Aaron smiles and follows me to the bedroom.

"Let's go to bed early tonight, I'm exhausted."

Aaron pulls off his shirt and jumps into bed pulling me close to him. "Alright but I want you to know that the favor you owe me is coming soon.

Hey, guys if you're following me great but if you do not remember to follow me so you can get notified when I post my new chapters and I'd really appreciate it.

Yours truly,

Madeline