F*cking Nate

If there's one thing I hate, it's a surprise, and imagine my surprise when I see a guy sitting right next to my girlfriend laughing like they were old friends.

I tried to focus on the statement I was supposed to read to the press in three days but I kept looking up seeing her smiling.

"Damn it," I said out loud rubbing my face and leaning back in my chair.

Alaina looked up from her papers and gave me a wink. Nate followed her gaze and locked eyes with me. I smiled and nodded at him.

"That's right, she's mine," I said out loud and hoped that it was loud enough to hear through the glass.

I couldn't complete my statement just yet so I walked over to Alaina's office and let myself in. "You hungry? I was on my way out for lunch."

Alaina jumped up and said yes as she snatched up her purse and jacket and headed towards the door I was holding open.

As I was closing the door Nate stands and addresses Alaina, "Do you mind if I come? I'm pretty hungry myself."

"Um, Mr. Simmons is it ok if Nate tags along?" I wanted so badly to say no when Nate spoke.

"Oh come on Mr. Simmons it's not like it's a date." He smiled at me the way men do when they're testing each other.

"Sure, why don't we invite the whole floor out to lunch my treat." I took several deep breaths before following Nate out and announcing the plans for lunch.

"You guys have been working really hard given recent events so we're all going out to lunch so I can show my gratitude to you all."

As we head to an Italian restaurant named Italios I started to say something to Ariana when Nate buds in between us. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something Alaina could you hang back for a second?" Alaina looks confused and stops for a second talking to Nate.

"Fucking cock blocker," I said, grinding my teeth.

When we finally reach the restaurant I feel Alaina's hand slip into mine and give it a tight squeeze and she walks away to find a seat.

I sit on her right as she's staring hungrily at the menu and pick up my own only to hear Nate again asking to sit on her. "She's so engrossed in the menu that she just shrugs concentrating on what to get. Nate looked upset for a split second until he saw me staring at him.

I grab one side of the menu and place my hand over hers as I point out a particular entree that's my personal favorite and she nods as her cheeks turn red. We order the same thing and there goes Nate again. "I guess I'll get the same thing then," Nate says putting down his menu and tapping the table.

This guy just won't fucking quit I say to myself pulling off my jacket. Alaina moves closer to me to show me the dessert menu and I laugh as her eyes light up at the first-word chocolate. "Sure Miss Jackson, whatever you'd like." Nate is staring at how close we are and pulls out his phone and starts typing away.

As our lunch comes Nate playfully drags Alaina's chair closer to him as some sort of joke and I stop him midway with my foot as he continues to jerk the chair. Nate looks confused as Alaina laughs awkwardly and starts to eat.

After lunch, we all headed back to the office and Nate caught up to me. "Hey Mr. Simmons I wanted to ask you something, I know it's inappropriate to date your coworkers but since I've been working very closely with Miss Jackson and we've gotten to know each other very well I was going to ask her out."

I stop at his last few words and look at him ready to tear his head off instead I smile, "Well as you know it is against company policy which I built and wrote myself so no I don't think it'd be appropriate."

Nate nods and then says something that aggravates every nerve in my body. "Yea I looked over the policy and it didn't say anything about it applying to interns." I had no intentions to keep this jerk around so I said the one thing that I wasn't planning to do at all.

"You are absolutely right, go right ahead and ask Miss Jackson but don't let it distract you from your work." Nate smiles and continues walking ahead of me heading straight for Alaina.

Hey guys Madeline here and I'm gonna need a huge favor and ask you guys to please follow so you guys know when I publish a chapter instead of my comment section begging to update and it would me so much to me if you could.

Yours truly,
Madeline