Mr. Simmons

I woke up feeling the headache settling in right behind my eyes as I look around the bright room and see light pouring in from a window and over broad shoulders and golden brown hair. I quickly roll over and see my underwear on top of a lamp and my bra lying on a chair. 

"God he's, good," I say to myself as I stand up and my legs start to shake and I fall to the floor.

"I'm going to be so late." I groan grabbing my bra. The stranger behind me turns in his sleep as his phone starts to ring.  I look at my underwear on top of the lamp and say screw it as I run out the door. Throwing on my clothes half walking half running out of his apartment with my head pounding.

"The first day of work and you have a hangover, real classy Alaina."

I rushed home and quickly shower throwing my hair in a ponytail all the while shaking whenever I bent my knees. Still limping the whole way to work I try to remember last night's events and the guy's name when I finally reach the secretary's desk.

'Hi, I'm Miss Jackson I start working for Mr. Simmons today."

She flashes me with the most amazing smile and comes from around her desk and grabs my arm.  "I was just heading up there for the meeting, he does this every time a new employee joins the team." 

She was so enthusiastic that it made my heartache because she reminded me so much of my baby sister Angela.

We take the elevator upstairs and she notices me slightly limping. "It's just sprained ankle." She nods and keeps glancing at me from the corner of her eyes.

"Mr. Simmons isn't in yet but I'll go ahead and get you settled. "She shows me to my office, see-through glass that faces Mr. Simmons office.  

I sit my bag down and we head to the meeting room.

The room is alive with chatter and full of people as we enter.
"You'll sit right here by Mr. Simmons, it's your assigned place since you're his assistant." She starts to walk away when I stop her.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your name." She looks surprised and answers.

"Sorry about my reaction, no one seems to care to ask my name. I'm Jane." I smile at her as she goes to her seat at the other end of the room.

I'm reading the information in my folder when the door opens and closes. The room goes silent and I look up from my folder to see a pair of blue eyes smiling and greeting everyone. " Good morning everyone, I hope you all got a good night's rest."

My heart stops when I see the man's face, it's the guy whose bed I woke up in this morning. He turns and locks eyes with me and his smile falters. The memories from last night come flooding back. I squeeze my legs together remembering why I have my knees need to be oiled.

Everyone turns to look at me and then at Mr. Simmons, I give him a smile to urge him to move on and he takes the hint. 

"Today we'll be welcoming my new assistant, as you all know Mrs. Brady got eloped last month and left us so I want you all to make my new assistant feel at home." I squirmed in my seat as he stood next to me.

"Welcome Miss Jackson, I hope you'll stay a long time." The tension between us was too obvious so I stood and shook his hand and flashed him my best-winning smile. After the room disbursed I went back to my office and started to settle in.

There was a knock at the door and Mr. Simmons let himself in closing the door behind him gently. "Well, this is a pleasant surprise."

"Mr. Simmons what happened last night was a huge coincidence and from this moment forward I will forget all about it"

He cocked his head to the side looking at me then shook his head.
"Trust me I never want to forget last night and neither should you and by the way I let you win last night" 

I raised an eyebrow as he leaned onto my desk. "Sure you did Mr. Simmons." He smiles and as he leaves my office.                                                                                                                                  

(❗️READERS❗️: I hope you enjoyed what you read. I do write graphic stories if this concerns you please read no further. Also, remember to vote and comment so I know how I'm doing 🥰🥰🥰

Yours truly,

Madeline.