049. four am.

LOGAN SAT onto the bed and glanced up at Mike who now stood at the end of his bed, watching him with a smile. "What is this?" He chuckled and Mike just sits down, smiling more. "Just open it." He said and Logan sighed, looking down at the gift once more, smiling softly.

He took a tag and read it closely. From golden boy, Mikey Wheeler. He smiled more widely and glanced up at Mike who just blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. Logan unwrapped the paper, and held up the box. "A... Nikon FA..." He mumbled and looked up at Mike with a shocked look.

"How'd you..." He trails off and Mike shrugs, moving closer. "I remembered because I think about you a lot." He just tilted his head to the side and smiled softly at Logan who held the box between them as he leaned in and kissed Mike.

Mike kissed back but then pulled away, "I originally planned for us to come in here, you open your gift and we spend our time today just taking pictures and having fun... Sorry they didn't listen to me." Mike said, genuinely thinking he had messed up by letting the surprise plan happen.

"No, no, I'm being an asshole." Logan sighed and set the box to the side. "I... guess I always hated celebrating because... it'd turn into something else like really shitty, my parents would argue before we even get to the presents and... Lolita would try to make me feel better but it'd never work and most of the time I'd cry myself to sleep." He said and sighed. "I think I'm just busy being too much of either an asshole or feeling sorry for myself... Sorry. I never realized I met... sort of a new family here." He said and looked at Mike in the eyes.

"Yeah... you can count on us, Logan. We're here to make you feel better not make your birthdays shitty." He said and reached up, touching Logan's cheek. He smiles, "I love you." He said and leaned in, kissing Logan. Logan kissed back, his hands going to Mike's back and then he pulls back, "I love you too... Now let's go enjoy my amazing fucking surprise party." He said and Mike's eyebrows raise. "Sorry, trying to get myself pumped up. A bit too enthusiastic?" He asked.

"Just a bit."

The evening carried on with some activities, eating supper and having cake until eventually everyone started leaving. "Okay, call me in the morning alright? Be careful." Karen tells Mike who sighed. "Yeah, mom, it's just a sleepover... No big deal." He shrugs and Karen sighs. "Oh, my boy," she mumbled and kissed his forehead. Logan smiled when he looked away, "mom," Mike whispered and Karen held up her hands defensively.

In Logan's room, Mike ended up being the first model of Logan's camera, posing very dramatically and probably jokingly against the wall by the door but Logan thought it was perfect anyway. "Oh, you look so pretty!" Logan said and snapped a photo. "Pretty?" Mike scrunched up his face and Logan shrugs. "My pretty baby, who's to say that word is only for girls?" He said and Mike sits next to him, smiling. Logan raised the camera again and Mike posed by scrunching up his face. Logan took a photo and Mike chuckled, showing his amazing smile so Logan takes another photo. "There. Three photos already." He says.

"Let me take one of you." Mike reached out but Logan put it out of Mike's reach. "You're the model," he pointed to Mike's chest. "Shut up and kiss me." Mike leaned in and Logan chuckles, kissing his boyfriend anyway.

Logan would've kept kissing him but then Fang ran in through the door so he pulled away, looking over. "I love sleeping with Fang most nights but I figured he'd wanna sleep with you guys tonight." Elizabeth said, appearing at the doorway. "Oh, okay," Logan said and lifted up Fang.

Fang immediately went to cuddle up at Mike's thigh, rubbing his face against it and resting it. "Goodnight boys." Elizabeth smiles and Logan smiled back. "Goodnight, mom," he says. "Goodnight Mrs. Simmons." Mike calls out.

Mike looked at Logan then down at Fang, "we should get ready for bed... getting tired." He says and Logan nods, getting up from the bed. "Do you want pyjama shorts or pants?" He asked and Mike thinks of it. "Hmm, shorts," he says and Logan nods, tossing a pair to Mike before putting on plaid pyjama pants for himself. "Light on or off?" He pointed to the lamp on his dresser. "Off." Mike said as he stood up and took off his pants to put on the shorts. Logan turns it off, shoved his cigarettes into a drawer and went over to the bed.

They all kind of fit perfectly, Mike holding Fang to his chest with his back to Logan's chest, his boyfriend's arms around his waist. "Thanks for the perfect birthday." He mumbled into Mike's ear and kissed right below it gently.

"Goodnight, Logan... Goodnight, Fang." Mike kissed the top of Fang's head. "Goodnight." Logan mumbled and the dog just hummed, all three of them falling asleep like that. It wasn't long until Logan woke up, from a bad dream and he looked at the two on his side, Mike was laying on his back with Fang on his chest. He sighed and got up, leaving the bedroom and going into the kitchen. He pours himself a glass of water, staring out the window, "babe?" He looked over and saw Mike. "You okay?" He asked, walking over.

"Yeah, yeah, just... the worst dream ever..." He sighed and Mike stops beside him, nodding softly. "Like what?" He asked and Logan sets the glass cup down. "My dad came back..." He sighed and Mike wraps his arms around his waist.

"Asshole left, just relax." Mike rubs his lower back and Logan sighed, pulling Mike closer with his arms around Mike's shoulders. "Come on, it's like four am... let's go back to bed." He whispered and Logan nodded, complying but even then, the two just laid in bed and kissed for a while.

Mike had his hands on either side of Logan's face as Logan had his on Mike's lower back. Mike moved to prop himself up a bit, kind of leaning over Logan who laid onto his back, rubbing Mike's arms gently. Mike pulls away, panting softly, "w-we should sleep." He whispers and Logan nods. "Yeah, yeah," he said but leaned up again anyway.

The two eventually did go to sleep, much to Mike's dismay but this time Logan was the little spoon, Mike rubbing his arm and then carressing his hair until he fell asleep in Mike's arms.

authors note my motto is go gay or go home

+ i might've fucked around and did a time skip for chapter fifty to like a year...