007. sleepover.

LOGAN WALKED Max home who continued to talk about El, saying all of these cool stuff she would do but leaving vague details out. "So.. what I can tell is.. she was cool?" Logan asked as he smiles at her and she just chuckled in response.

"Trust me, I would love to tell you but maybe the guys and I can all tell you, as a group thing, once Mike trusts you.." She says and he nods, glancing away. "Hey, and he will.. I can tell he likes you, he's just... skeptical." She shrugs slightly.

He nods as he looks at her. "Well, this is your place.. I better get home before supper. See you tomorrow like we planned?" He asked and she nodded right away with a bright smile at him again.

It was Friday but she said he could come over and meet her here at her place tomorrow morning before going over to Mike's place to hang out. He only agreed because she kept convincing him.

Logan walked home, playing with the pack of cigarettes and the lighter in his pocket. When he got closer to his place, he stayed on the paved road. "Fuck," he muttered, noticing that his parents' Vista Cruiser and the other car his dad uses, a Jeep Wrangler was in the driveway.

His mom uses the Vista Cruiser because of her plastic crap and his dad uses the Jeep because, well, he's a douche. He takes out a cigarette, lighting it up right away and glancing down both ways of the road. He could use another walk. Maybe even the rest of the day. But he knows they would just worry. He sighed and started walking down the dirt road leading all the way to his home.

"Hi Larry, Hi Elizabeth," he said as he walked into the home. "Don't you fucking start with me, smartass." His father said, sitting in that usual arm chair he always sits in everytime he comes home from work, where he waits patiently for supper.

"Thought I was a dumbass," Logan said, the words replaying from last Friday. "Oh, boo-hoo, go take out the trash." He says and Logan rolls his eyes. "I already did.." He says before making his way over to the kitchen to see his mom sitting at the table, reading a letter. "Hi mom.." He says.

"Can you believe it? Lola's failing Math.." She sighs and glanced up. "What about you? How are you doing in school?" She asked and he forced a smile. "I'm a saint." He says before walking down the hall. "Don't be snarky with your mother!" Larry shouts from the kitchen and both Elizabeth and Logan roll their eyes as the boy ascends down the hall.

In his bedroom, Logan did all of his homework for the weekend at his desk so he wouldn't have to deal with it for the rest of the weekend, meaning he would have Saturday and Sunday free. But he still needed a free pass out of church on Sunday.

He thinks for a minute, staring at the poster above his desk. He can always just tell his parents he stopped believing in God, but they'd disown him and kick him out faster than you can say Mississipi. He plays with the pencil in his hand then smirked slowly before getting up from the bed and walking out of his bedroom. "Oh, dear mother?" He says as he walks down the hall and entered the kitchen to find that she was still sitting at the table.

"Yeah, hun?" She says and he sighs. "It's totally dumb and fine if you say no... but I made new friends and they wanna have a sleepover on Saturday. Is that okay?" He asked with a smile. "Tomorrow night?" She asked and he nods.

"Well... what about church?" She says and he shrugs. "I'll make up for it next Sunday? Come on, I'll be so good you'll barely even notice!" He says and she chuckles. "Larry?" She says. "Who gives a crap?" The man grumbled in his chair. "Larry?" She calls out and the man rolled his eyes, sighing.

"Yeah, sure! Let him."

Logan just smiled more widely at his mom, "cool." He says before heading back to his room. When he walks into his room, he sighed and scoffed as he realized. Where the fuck would he go then tomorrow night if he can't come home to stay here? Logan laid on his bed and pondered for a couple of minutes, probably twenty or thirty minutes.

He realized he would have to tell Max and then work something out with them or her. Maybe she'll let him stay at her place, but then again Max had the most uptight mom and they had only one empty room and it belongs to her dead step-brother.

He decides that maybe they will figure it out tomorrow and while putting his homework away, he started to think about Mike again. What if Mike reacts badly again to him hanging out with Max? The worry is pushed to the side as Logan thought, fuck him. I can hangout with who I want.

"Logan! Supper!"

The boy sat at the table across from his parents, sitting by himself as he ate the ground beef and pasta casserole. He was playing with the Fusilli pasta before he glanced up. "What?" He asked when he saw his mom looking at him, smiling.

"Who are your friends, sweetheart?" She asked and he chews on the inside of his cheek. "Max Mayfield, Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson and Lucas Sinclair.." He said right away and she nods. "Oh, I know Dustin Henderson's mother! I met her while selling my products." She smiled more widely.

"That's nice, mom." He says then raised a forkful of his food to his mouth. "What are they like?" She asked as she did the same. "Uh... nice. Fun." He says and sent a forced smile her way. "Are they all boys?" Larry asked and Logan glanced at him.

Of course he would ask that. Bastard. "All except Max." He says and his father simply nods. "She's with Lucas.." He shortly adds, looking down. "Where is Lola anyway?" His mother suddenly asked before his father can say anything more.

"Don't know... with friends I'm guessing."

authors note since the kids are 14 year old and they are also freshmen, i kind of wanna write a part where they go to a high school party lol