031. one lucky boy.

WHEN HE woke up the next morning, Logan looked over to the side and smiled immediately when he saw Mike was still asleep. He always looked so peaceful whenever he slept. Logan moved to lay on his side, reaching over and putting his arm over Mike's waist. "You're genuinely the best and most important person in my life right now." he whispered, trying to be quiet so Mike won't wake up and hear what he's saying.

He likes him, yes, he trusts him, yes and he is actually the most best and important person in his life, yes, but... truthfully, Logan can't bring himself to admit it to the boy's face. Mike stirred, moving closer and putting his arms around Logan's waist. He pressed his face to his chest, making the boy feel those same things again, his heart getting warm and butterflies in his stomach.

Logan smiled and looked down at Mike, kissing the top of the boy's head. "Mike," he softly whispered and shook the boy. "Mike." He said and Mike slowly pulled back, reaching up and rubbing his eyes. "Hmm? What, Logan?" He said and Logan glanced to the door, he hears people.

Mike's family is up. "Nothing..." Logan sat up and sat at the end of the bed. Mike sat up, opening his eyes and looking at his boyfriend. "They know..." Is all he said and Logan stays quiet, his brows furrowing. "My parents." Mike said and crawled over, sitting next to Logan. "They know about us." he says and Logan looks at him. "Why would you even tell them? What if they—" "No. No.. Logan, like I said, they aren't against us, they're really supportive and they wouldn't tell your parents because they, one, never met them, and two, would never do something so cruel to someone who means a lot to me." He says and Logan nods.

"They love you anyway... Holly, too," Mike chuckled as Logan looked away. "Nancy doesn't quite love you but she can learn to tolerate you." He says and then reached up, putting his hand on Logan's shoulder. "Hey. It's gonna be okay." he says and Logan looked at him right away.

Oh, no. Word vomit.

"I love..." He trailed off and Mike showed surprise and anticipation in his face, his mouth gaping slightly as his eyebrows raised a bit. "Your family..." He said quickly. "I love your family too." He said and looked away. Mike now got disappointed, looking away and nodding his head.

"Y-Yeah... uh, I'm gonna go brush my teeth. What about you?" he asked, since Logan had one here because he had two toothbrushes and he stays over a lot. Logan just nods and got up. The two now stand side by side in the washroom, brushing their teeth together. A minute passed by and Logan spit into the sink, Mike right after.

Logan reaches over for the cloth, wiping his mouth and then Mike's, smiling a bit. When he set the cloth down, Mike leaned in and kissed him gently. He smiled and carressed Logan's cheek before heading out the bathroom door, leaving behind a blushing and smiling Logan Simmons.

Logan walked down the stairs with him and entered the kitchen, watching Mike hold up a box of Eggos. "Boys! We're going for a ride. With Nancy, some bonding time before she goes to college, coming with?" Karen asked and Mike looks at her, "oh, no thanks, mom... uh, Logan and I are just gonna hang out... is that okay?" he asked.

Karen glanced between both boys with a small smile and nodded. "Girls, let's go, dad's in the car." Karen gestured to Nancy and Holly, Nancy looks directly at Logan and pretended to shoot herself by holding her hand in a gun sign to her head. Logan chuckled, looking at Mike who rolls his eyes. Once the door closed, Logan sighed softly.

"Those aren't gonna work for me," Logan pointed at the box and Mike nods, throwing the box into the freezer. "Good. I never liked them anyway." He smiles and Logan nods, glancing at the fridge now. "Got any eggs, bread? I can make scrambled eggs and bacon." He offered and Mike nods right away, smiling softly. "Yay!" He says.

Mike sat on top of the counter as Logan cooked, going one side to the other and then faced Mike with two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon, "breakfast is served." He smiled proudly.

"I am one lucky boy." Mike said with a smile and eagerly grabs the plate, walking over to the dining room table to sit down. Logan chuckled and grabbed the toast as well, walking over to sit next to Mike. The two ate in silence, not even looking at each other because it felt nice, comfortable even. Mike eventually finished eating and started leaning against his boyfriend, sighing.

"Can I tell you something?" Logan suddenly moved, facing Mike now who sat up straight, looking at him. "Yeah... anything, you know that." He said and Logan looked down, pursing his lips. "I-I just thought of it... complete honesty and I have to tell you something... about Jake." He says and Mike nodded, putting his hands into Jake's, "like I said... anything, Logan." He assured.

Logan sighed and looked up, he got up and grabbed the plates to put them into the sink. He stood there at the kitchen window for a moment, Mike watching him. "Logan... you're making me worried." Mike said and got up, walking over.

"Swear it won't make you mad? Or hate me?" Logan asked when he turned to face Mike who frowns. "Logan, I would never hate you..." He reached out and put his hand on Logan's shoulder, the boy backing away so Mike no longer was touching him. "Swear it..." He says and Mike stared at him in surprise by how he was acting.

"Yeah... yeah... I swear."

Logan sighed and looked up at Mike, kind of fidgeting and getting nervous. "Hey, hey, hey," Mike reached up and held either side of Logan's face. "You can trust me with anything. Nothing will change my opinion of you or... make me like you any less." He said and Logan nods softly.

"Uh... he's... he's older."

authors note don't hate me??
+ i'm updating so much today, uhhh