Chapter 13: A Minor Hiccup Part 1

It was the last class of the day. Port's class. Ruby and Yang were napping to keep their energy up for their plan tonight. Meanwhile Blake and Weiss were awake to wake them up. The class was an hour and fifteen minutes long, so the four girls were taking a shift. Blake and Weiss slept for the first forty five minutes and Yang and Ruby would sleep for the last forty five.

Weiss was staring at a hologram clock on her scroll, which was lying on her desk. It said 3:59. Blake was waking up Yang and Ruby while Weiss just sat and stared at the clock, waiting. Port was blabbering to the class but of course no one pays attention unless he actually teaches. But it was another story of his "greatness". But at least he could back it up.

Jaune slides over to Weiss. "So, Weiss," Jaune said. "You know uh, I was thinking that after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat?" Weiss ignored Jaune, but he wasn't giving up. "And uh, you know well I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie if you want to make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome." Again no response. "And… then maybe after that we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm a, you know…"

The alarm on the Weiss's clock blares and she gets a smile on her face as it reached 4:00. Port was in the middle of a sentence. "And then I- oh…uh, timed that one wrong I guess. Well the stunning conclusion to the story will have to wait. Until next time."

Students got up and started to leave the class, glad the day is over. Meanwhile team RWBY was still looking forward to the remainder of the day. Weiss stands up and puts her scroll in her pocket Jaune looked at her and tried to get her attention.

"Weiss?" he said. "Did you hear me?" Weiss walks past him. Along the way she puts her finger up and speaks.

"No, no, no, yes." She walks away from Jaune and he lets out a defeated sigh. He then puts his head on the desk. Ruby, Blake and Yang walk by him. However when Yang walked past him she gave him a sympathetic hair ruffle.

"One day," She said. Jaune was the only one left in the class. Port walks up to him.

"Mr. Arc," Port said. "I've noticed you seem to be having girl troubles." Jaune lifted his head and had an uncomfortable look on his face.

"No offense Professor Port," Jaune said. "But I don't want to discuss my girl problems with a teacher." Port lets out a boisterous laugh.

"Of course not! I know what it's like to have similar problems while in school." Port points at Jaune. "What you need is a distraction. Luckily I know the perfect place to get your minds off things." Jaune did kind of like the sound of it. He was going to at least give it a shot.

"All right, what's this place called?" Jaune asked.

"Fort Port!" Port said confidently.

Team RWBY kept walking excited to get ready for their first mission. Well, not official mission, but a mission nonetheless. "Oh, Ruby," Yang said. The leader turns to her sister and walks backwards. "What did you want to talk to Coco about?"

Ruby gives a malicious smile. "You'll see eventually," She said. She snickers, turns around and continues to walk to their dorm.

"Why does she have to be such a bother?" Weiss asked with a face palm.

"It's Ruby," Blake said. "I'm sure it's nothing too harsh."