Chapter 14: A Minor Hiccup Part 2

The Cross Continental Transmit System Tower was massive. This tower can transmit anywhere in Remnant. Many people come here for calls they want to make. The tower was one of the most influential technology innovations of all time.

"Wow!" Ruby said as she looked at the tower. "I forgot how big the transmit tower looks so close!"

"You should see the one in Atlas," Weiss bragged.

"That was the first one right?" Weiss and Ruby were walking on a sidewalk on the way to the transmit tower.

"Correct, Atlas developed the cross-continental transmit system to allow the four kingdoms to communicate with one another. It was their gift to the world after the great war."

Ruby paces her hand on her chest and imitates Weiss. "Ooo look at me, my name is Weiss, I know facts, I'm rich!" Weiss and Ruby stop walking and Weiss turns to her immature friend with a hand on her hip. Ruby puts her hand to her mouth and snickers.

"Don't be a pest!" Weiss said matter-of-factly. "Besides, the only reason we're here is because you like the tower so much. We could've just have easily made a call from the library."

"I know but it's so cool! Oh! I'm going to take a picture!" Ruby takes out her scroll but was so excited she fumbles with it and drops it. The scroll bounces and slides to a person's leg. The person had black shoes and stockings with a little green circle at the bottom on the side. A green line goes up on the side of the leg.

"Oh," the person said. It was a female's voice. She picks it up to reveal a gray blouse with feminine overalls. Her neck has a collar hat was black with some green. And her head had orange hair with a pink bow in the back. She also had green eyes.

"You dropped this," She said as she had her arm sticking out with the scroll in it. Ruby realizes who it is.

"Penny?" She said with a small smile growing on her. Pennyh realizes who it is and panics.

"Uhh…" was all that escaped her lips.

"Where have you been?" Ruby asked her friend. "We haven't seen you since the night at the docks."

"S-Sorry," Penny apologized. "I think you're confused." However she hiccups, which sends the scroll flying into Ruby's hands. "Uhh, I've got to go!" Penny said as she turned around running from Weiss and Ruby.

"What was that about?" Weiss asked.

"I don't know," ruby responded as she shook her head. "But I'm going to find out." Ruby starts to follow Penny. "You go make your call, I'll meet up with you later!"

"Wait!" Weiss tried to stop her leader but she was already gone. "Ugh."

When Ruby caught up they were heading down some stairs. "Penny!" Ruby said as they stopped. "Where have you been? It's been weeks!"

"There seems to be a misunderstanding," Penny said.

"What?!" Penny continues to walk. "Penny!" As Penny walked down the stairs Ruby slid down the railing. "Is everything okay?" Penny continued to ignore her. "Penny please stop!" Ruby said as she grabbed her friends arm. Penny looks at Ruby.

"Look," Ruby started. "I don't know what's wrong. But you have to listen to me. Those guys we fought at the docks, we think they're up to something big. Something bad! I need you to tell me what happened that night. Please, as a friend." Penny was looking down at the ground. She sighs.