Chapter 28: Back At Chorus 3

Kimball!" A federation soldier called out. Kimble was in the citadel walking alongside Doyle as a bunch of other soldiers went about their business. "Are we able to transport some more soldiers to the so called 'teleporter tower'?"

"Do we need more?" Kimball asked politely.

"Some were sent on a scouting mission for local wildlife for food. They haven't come back and we just want to send another team out to find them."

"I think that isn't a good idea," Kimble said.

"I agree with Kimble," Doyle said. "How long have they been gone?"

"About two hours after they said they would return," the soldier said.

"Well I don't think that's a cause for concern yet do you Kimberly?"

"No," Kimball said. "I think they probably found something and are trying to carry it home."

"Yeah, you're probably right," the Fed soldier said. "I'll let them know to wait a little longer."

"Speaking of them, has Alicia and Emily deciphered most of the alien language yet?" the fed soldier shook his head.

"Not yet but they are getting close." The two leaders nod and send the Soldier on his way. They continue walking around Armonia. Ever since Jagger, Alicia, Wally, Bryce, Jensen, Palomo, Smith, and Emily got the tower, moral has been high and the Feds and NR. While the tower didn't have a lot of supplies, it had enough for them to try and take over the tower at Charon excavation site. They succeeded in taking out the research complex next to the site. Now all of them were trying their best to decipher them to see if they could help win the war. Maybe even do the impossible and bring the Reds and Blues back to life.

"Do you really think we can bring them back?" Doyle asked. Kimball sighed.

"I don't know," She said. "But sometimes it's better to hope, right?" Hope. It was something everyone was clinging to. After all once you lose hope, what does that leave?

"Well, we're luckily the last tower we captured was practically supply base." Doyle laughed as he said that.

"Yeah, now I won't have to Bitch about resources anymore." The two chuckled.

"Well I mean we will eventually when we run out." The two continued laughing. They both needed this. After being at each other's throats for so long they needed to try and bond, even if it's only temporary. "So we have a teleporter tower that teleports us to another dimension possible, and now we are deciphering another one at the Charon excavation site."

"Pretty much, I just hope it's something useful."

Meanwhile, at the Excavation site:

"Alicia's tower log eight," the Fed soldier said. "I made several observations. One; the tower seems to only protrude from the ground. I am still trying to decipher some of the alien language with Grey's notes but I am still having trouble. Hopefully I will make progress soon. Two; it's nice and sunny out today and I love it! End log."

"You're really picking up on Grey's eccentric traits," Jagger said walking up to her. They go up and hug each other.

"Hey babe," Alicia said. They pull away and continue walking around the site.