Chapter 8: Questions, and Some Answers

All of Dr. Grey's equipment was set up and ready to go. Not only that, she had one live test subject, whom she was entertaining at the moment as they heard the screams in the distance. She is also going to look at the other pirates dead bodies for more of her experiments as well. Luckily Bryce and Smith were healed up as best they could before Dr. Grey went to her "experiment".

So now, in order to speed things along, Alicia grabbed Dr. Grey's notes of the alien language, with her permission of course, and started to study anything they could about the structure. Jagger was in the room where the mercenaries set up some sort of control room. He starts shooting down any communications device. "Can't be too sure," Jagger said to no one in particular.

Meanwhile Bryce and Smith were resting nearby letting the painkillers, or whatever Dr. Grey pumps in them, do their stuff. "You know," Bryce says. Smith looks at the federation soldier. "Wally, Alicia, even Jagger, and I have been trying to so hard to trust you guys."

"You mean that New Republic?" Smith corrected.

"Yeah," Bryce answered. "Every mission we've been in, it seemed like you guys wanted to leave us for dead."

"I could say the same, you guys make a pain in the ass to get vehicles out unless Doyle told you to." Bryce laughed.

"I remember being an asshole to one of you guys about that," Bryce reminisced. "And then Washington yelled at me."

"Were you the one he shot?" Smith asked.

"No that was Jet," Bryce answered. "It was Washington's fifth time telling him to give the NR the warthogs without going through our BS protocols."

"So even you agree it was nuts!" Smith exclaimed.

"I started a petition to get rid of them," Bryce informs. "But then we kept them just to fuck with you guys."

"Will you two cut the chatter and just jerk each other off already?" Alicia said. "At least then you'll be quiet and I can try to translate this." Alicia was looking at Dr. Grey's notes as she examined a stone that seemed to have alien writing on it.

"Who I jerk off is my own business," Smith said.

"And when we do Jerk each other off," Bryce says. "We do it in a room with all lights turned off." Alicia and Smith slowly looked at Bryce.

"Did you just say, 'When we jerk each other off'?" Smith said, slowly inching away from him. That's when Bryce realized what he said.

"I think I've been hanging around Donut for too long…" Bryce said. Everyone could agree that being with Donut does have… side effects.

"Wait, do you guy hear that?" Smith said. All three soldier listen and just hear the sounds of the animals in the woods.

"I don't hear anything," Alicia said.

"That's my point," Smith stated. "I think Dr. Grey's done experimenting." They all sigh.

"Well, I needed help deciphering this language anyway," Alicia said.

"And I'll be happy to help!" the cheery voice of Dr. Grey said. Dr. Grey walks up to the rock and starts studying it with Alicia. They mumble to each other so Bryce and Smith can't hear.