Chapter 20: a Sunday to Remember

The next day:

Carolina wakes up with a groan. She picked up Caboose from Oobleck's class since he fell asleep. She looked over to his bed and noticed he was still there, cradling Freckles. He really was just a giant child with a teddy bear. Granted the teddy bear is a dangerous weapon and was once in a dangerous mech but that was normal for them. Hell it seems normal for this dimension.

She heads into the bathroom, grabbing a towel along the way. She starts removing her skinsuit. She doesn't sleep in her armor very often only when necessary. And on Chorus, sleeping in your armor everyday was necessary.

As she steps into the shower and turns it on, she can feel some of the stiffness leave her body. She's been up since the mission so taking that twelve hour nap was very refreshing for her.

After she's done taking a shower she puts on her skinsuit again. Granted it smelled like rancid meat, but it was the only thing she had, and she can't put it in the laundry room and walk around the school naked. She begins scrubbing her armor to make sure they don't smell as well. After about thirty minutes scrubbing she figured her armor was good and began to put it on.

Once she was armored up she exits the bathroom. When she exited she noticed Caboose was still sleeping, Washington was sitting on his bed and Tucker was gone. Weird, Tucker is never up this early unless Washington dragged him out.

Washington looked up and noticed Carolina stepping out of the bathroom. He wasn't wearing his helmet, so his blonde hair was still a mess but already put his armor on. "Morning Wash," Carolina said.

"Morning Carolina," Washington said. As Washington grabbed his helmet Church appeared.

"What?" he said in a faux hurt tone. "I don't get a good morning."

"I thought AI's don't sleep?" Washington said as he put on his helmet.

"We don't but a good morning every now and then doesn't hurt."

"Good morning Epsilon," Carolina said with an amused smile. "So Wash, what are you making Tucker do so early in the morning?"

"Nothing," Washington said bluntly. "When I went to bed he wasn't here. Although I did ask him to remove the ping pong table he and Simmons made when I came in here to store my weapons. That was the last time I saw him."

Church shrugs. "Whatever," he said. "He's probably fine. Probably passed out in the school trying to flirt with one of the female teachers."

"Yeah that sounds like him," Carolina huffed. She cracks her neck and stretches her arms a bit. "Well, I'm going to see if there's anything we can do, if not I'll be at the gym. Weekends are pretty boring."

"Yeah because we're not being shot at," Wash joked. They both let out a chuckle and Carolina leaves. As she is walking down the hall Church appeared again.

"Oh yeah Carolina," he said.

"What's up?"

"If we see Tucker passed out mind letting me take a photo?"

"Blackmail?"

"Blackmail." Carolina laughs.

"Sure, I'll let you take a picture."