Chapter 17: The Day After

Doc used his medical scanner after he patched up Washington. After the mission they took Wash to the infirmary straight away. Doc spent the night stitching him up and making sure everyone. RWBY checked out so they all went and got some sleep. Except Blake, she was still looking up things about the White Fang on her scroll. Carolina stayed with Doc and Wash. So now it was morning, and team RWBY went back to check on Washington.

They found Washington was still out of his armor but he was moving around without blood spilling everywhere so they took that as a good sign. Now all Doc needed to test was to see if Wash had to take it easy or not. Carolina and team RWBY waited to see the results.

"Well aside from a few bruises," Doc said. "And the stab wound, everything appears normal."

"But is he going to be okay?" Blake asked.

"Of course! With the help of the medical unit in Carolina's armor, Wash's aura, and with my stitching, it would be as if he never got stabbed." Team RWBY breathed a sigh of relief.

"You were reckless Wash," Carolina scorned. Wash scoffs.

"I'm not the one who got knocked out," Wash replied. Carolina cracks her knuckles.

"You will be in about three seconds."

"Hey!" Doc spoke up. "The infirmary is a place of healing, not a place of harming."

"Although it would make things a little more interesting," O'Malley said.

"You sure you're okay Washington?" Yang asked ignoring O'Malley's comment. Wash stands up and moves around a bit. He then grabs his stomach.

"Well aside from being a little sore," Washington said. "I'll be fine."

"So, what'd we learn about the White Fang and Roman?" Carolina asked.

"I need to go over my files first," Weiss said.

"Aside from them somehow getting Atlas robots," Blake said. "And they're somewhere in the south east of Vale, I got nothing."

"I'm sorry I didn't get anything," Ruby said a little guiltily. "But Penny kind of distracted me."

"Don't worry about it," Wash said. "She was friend that went missing, of course you'd be worried." Ruby gained a little smile. "Anyway, you guys see what you can find and discuss it later."

"That can wait," Yang said. "I think we should just kick back and relax and just be glad we survived our first mission."

"Yeah let's celebrate!" Ruby agreed. "Let's grab some food and drinks and have some fun in the dorm!"

Weiss turns to Washington and Carolina. "You guys want to join us? You did help after all." The two soldiers shook their heads.

"You would've done fine without us," Carolina said. "It's your victory. You guys celebrate it."

"I'm actually not going to join," Blake said. Her team looked as if she had contracted a virus.

"Why not?" Ruby asked.

"I just want to see what the White Fang are up to as soon as I can."