Chapter 10: Training and Ozpin's Plan

Washington walked out into the courtyard and started to head to Ozpin's office. He doubts he'd still be there at this hour but since he didn't know where Ozpin lived, it was his best choice. Washington never realized how calming the night was around here. Despite grimm being in a nearby forest and the White Fang causing trouble, it was if the night was still.

Washington didn't like it. Well he did like it, but he felt uncomfortable. He was so used to hearing gunshots, arguing, and explosions throughout his entire military career. Having nights like this one was a rarity.

As Washington walked to the school many thought went through his head. How do they get home? Can they get home? If not could they stay here? How long could they last here? However, one though crept around his mind. It was actually a question that one of the students asked him.

"Why do you guys wear your armor when there is no fighting?"

For some reason that question struck Washington deep. It was true. On Chorus you kept the armor on to survive. But here? Everything was mostly peaceful. The only time they actually fought was with the students to help train them. Wash gave the "You never know what's around the corner." Spiel but the real reason was because how uncomfortable how peaceful everything is. Washington was afraid. He was afraid that the minute he takes off his armor, that's when everything goes to hell.

Washington's thoughts are cut off by the roar of an engine. With yells and whoops of Joy. "Do I hear a…" he said to himself. He looks around and sees the headlights of the Warthog, which was being driven around campus. "Car." At first Washington thought it was the reds. But then he remembered they were in their room.

That's when Washington got a good look at who was driving. It was a blonde haired kid with a white button shirt that was unbuttoned. In the passenger was a blue haired kid with orange goggles on his head. Sun and Neptune.

Washington met Sun and Neptune before they went out to look for another way home yesterday. They seemed to be friends with Ruby's team. And now they were joyriding the red's mongoose. "Guess I'll have to deal with this first," he said to himself.

With Carolina and Church:

Carolina was walking outside and around the school, playing with a knife in her hand. "You think the shooting range is still open?" Carolina asked Church.

"I don't know, but you know we can't train every five seconds," Epsilon said as he appeared.

"Yeah but I don't want to be rusty when we get back to Chorus."

"Whatever, you do what you gotta do." Church disappears. Carolina heads to the school and hoping to get to the arena without having to break any locks. However as she headed there she passed by the dorms and heard clanging and a couple of yells.

"What the hell?" She looks around but doesn't see anyone fighting. She then looks up and sees two people fighting on the rooftop. "Shit." Carolina started to scale the wall and climb up to the rooftop. She had to keep on the façade about protecting the students, since she was still an "Atlas soldier".

She reaches the top and looks at the two who were fighting. She was surprised to see that it was Jaune and Pyrrha. Their swords clashed together as they swung at each other. "What the hell?" Carolina said. Jaune stopped and looked at Carolina.

"Carolina?" Jaune said. He is then met with a kick in the face by Pyrrha. Jaune falls to the ground and lets out a grunt as he hits it. Pyrrha puts her weapons away and offers a hand to Jaune.