Chapter 27

Despite the bright, sunny day today at U.A. High, Hoshiko finds herself rubbing her covered forearms in chills, trying to warm herself up. She has been doing this all day, making it now almost 3 hours of her rubbing her arms to generate heat. Hoshiko sits back at her desk, looking over at Mr. Aizawa, trying to keep a calm face, despite her internal heating system not seeming to work.

"Maybe I'm getting sick..." Hoshiko thinks to herself, "I haven't been sick in a while....maybe it's just time for me to get sick."

Hoshiko continues to stare at Class 1-A's homeroom teacher, as he turns around to face the class from the chalkboard.

"Today's training will be a little different," Mr. Aizawa starts off, "You'll have three instructors. Me, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you."

Hoshiko's head perks up at the news, "3 instructors? I wonder who the pro hero is that will help us."

Hoshiko looks over to her right, seeing Sero in the desk next to her raise his hand, "Sir! What kinda training is this?"

Mr. Aizawa doesn't miss a beat answering Sero's question, "Rescue."

Hoshiko doesn't stop herself from giving a wide grin, remembering glimpses of her father, the pro hero Vanish. Being the number 2 hero, the pro hero Vanish did all sorts of things, one of his trademark hero duties was saving people. From burning buildings, or from falling bridges, or even from a bunch of bad guys, Vanish did everything. If Hoshiko had to be in a specialized style of super heroing, it would be rescue.

"You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, stuff like that," Aizawa continues on, gesturing to the hidden storage shelves beside his right, which start to pop out, revealing everyone's briefcases, "What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes...but keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities."

Hoshiko looks over at the stacks of briefcases, finding her number right away, the bright green 19 plastered onto her silver briefcase.

"This special training's at an off-campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready."

Once Aizawa leaves the classroom, everyone rises from their seats, Hoshiko nearly teleporting to her shelf, seeing her briefcase up on the top shelf. Realizing her problem, Hoshiko flushes.

"Crap!" Hoshiko screams internally inside her mind, "I can't reach it!"

Looking around at the rest of the classmates, Hoshiko sees over fifty percent walk out of the classroom, towards the locker rooms to change. Groaning, Hoshiko looks up at her suitcase, before going on the tips of her toes, reaching for her case.

"Do you need help?"

Hoshiko nearly gasps out, hearing the gravelly voice. Spinning around from her prior struggles, she notices the tentacle man in front of her. It's Shoji, the quiet-aloof boy, sporting casted down silver hair, masking part of his face, which is already covered by a faded blue mask.

"Oh, Shoji, didn't see you there," Hoshiko says, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment, "Can you help me grab my case? I wish they placed it on a lower shelf."

Shoji doesn't respond, raising his right arm off, one of the many appendages forming into a hand. The hand grabs onto the suitcase handle, before lifting it off the shelf. Shoji lowers his arm, handing the suitcase to Hoshiko. Hoshiko gives a grateful smile.

"Thank you so much, Shoji," Hoshiko smiles, "I don't know what I'd do without you to help with my shortness."

Shoji gives a curt nod, Hoshiko hearing him acknowledge her thanks, before walking away. Feeling a smile creep on her face from the kind gesture, she makes her way out of the class, teleporting over to the crowd of girls heading over to the locker room.