Chapter 8

"It's quite cold today" Hoshiko thinks to herself as she walks down the sidewalk, phone in hand. Her phone was pulled up on her GPS app, following the trail that would lead her to the U.A. academy.

She was nervous, to say the last, as every other step she takes, she adjusts her phone grip anxiously. She kept counting the steps she takes in her head, a way for her to keep her mind focused.

"36, 37, 38.." Hoshiko thinks to herself.

She sees other teenagers her age walk in front of her and on the other side of the sidewalk, no doubt walking to the entrance exams. Amaya was supposed to enter the U.A. exams back when Hoshiko was a child. She excelled in her quirk of teleportation, much like her father. It would have been foolish of her to not even try out the exams. However, Amaya never had the chance, since even if she was eligible enough, she would have to be at least 14 years old, and since Hoshiko is 5 years younger than Amaya, along Hoshiko's father passing away when she was 5, Amaya never had the chance.

Hoshiko doesn't realize she has made to the Academy until she nearly bumps into someone. She catches herself, only brushing her hand against their shoulder on accident. Unfortunately, the person notices and turns their head towards Hoshiko.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Oh, it's fine. I don't mind" the person interrupts Hoshiko's apology.

Hoshiko looks up at the person who was on the stairs with her, taking a glance at their features.

It was a girl, about her age. She had pale skin, with a head full of brown hair, resting above their shoulders. She wore what appears to be a school uniform with a coat and scarf on top of the uniform. The girl held a warm, welcoming smile to Hoshiko, easing Hoshiko's nerves.

"Oh!" The girl exclaims, nearly catching Hoshiko off guard, "I'm Ochaco Uraraka. It should be good to meet people. Who knows, we might see each other in U.A. sometime!"

Hoshiko smiles, nodding her head gently, "Hoshiko Amari."

"It's nice to meet you, Amari!"

"Same to you, Uraraka."

"Hey, do you want to sit together? I'm kinda new and alone on this, so it would be nice to have a friend sit next to me."

Hoshiko tilts her head, seeing Uraraka's hopeful smile, and gives in, giving a polite closed smile, nodding. Uraraka grins, grabbing ahold of Hoshiko's hand, dragging her along to wherever she was going to take her. Hoshiko glances down, noticing Uraraka's hand, noticing her pinky was out, as if she was holding a teacup, but, instead of a teacup, was Hoshiko's wrist. The two girls enter the UA entrance exam room, seeing rows and rows of columns to sit at, seeing over dozens of students taking their seats. Uraraka drags Hoshiko to the closest empty spots, both of them sitting at two empty seats.

"Are you excited?" Uraraka asks Hoshiko, as she sets her backpack in front of her.

Hoshiko hums, copying Uraraka's movements, setting her bag in front of her, "Yeah, I guess I am. I'm trying to keep an open mind on things, I want to be focused."

"That's awesome! You're like super serious about this!" Uraraka cheers.

"Yeah...I guess you can say that."