Chapter 1

The sound of a bell rings throughout the campus, and many parents rush their children to the front gates. Some having to drag their crying kids, others smiling down at their excited children, watching them almost sprint to the front doors. In the midst of the busy crowds, a father with his daughter walk calmly to the campus.

"Daddy," the little girl whimpers, "Im nervous."

The little girls feels her father's grip tighten in her hand, a warm chuckle escaping the man's mouth. The little girl looks up, seeing her father look down at her, his warm green eyes shining down at her, his dark violet hair briefly covering his vision from the brisk wind.

"Everything will be alright, Hoshiko" the little girl's father says, breaking his hold from his daughter's hand, deciding to rest his pale hand on top of his daughter's faded purple hair, "if things go bad, you know I will come and get you. Just make sure nothing bad happens, okay?"

The little girl, Hoshiko, giggles at her father's remark, "I think it would be cool seeing you coming to school!"

Hoshiko's father snickers, ruffling Hoshiko's hair, "I'm pretty sure it would be a pretty busy day at your school if I show up."

"I would have the coolest dad ever!" Hoshiko exclaims, nearly jumping in excitement.

Hoshiko's father laughs, tugging his daughter to the front doors of the campus classroom. He stops, kneeling in front of his daughter, his green eyes searching into his daughter's matching. He grabs her hand in his, smiling at her.

"Now," Hoshiko's father says, "Will you be a good girl for me and make some friends? I know you will have tons of friends and if someone doesn't like you make sure to tell your daddy, ok?"

Hoshiko nods, nearly flinging herself into her father's arms. Her father almost stumbles at her sudden strength, but nonetheless, hugs her back, kissing the top of her head lovingly. He then pulls away, giving his daughter a bright smile. He stands up, adjusting Hoshiko's bright pink backpack on her shoulders, before opening the campus doors, smiling, watching Hoshiko run into the room, along with a bunch of other small children just like her, ready for kindergarten class.

Hoshiko's father sighs, shaking his head.

"Please make some friends" he thinks to himself, before walking away.

It has only taken him over 10 steps, before his phone starts to buzz loudly. He fishes his phone out of his pocket, seeing a message pop up.

"South Tokyo, ASAP. Armed" the test message reads.

Hoshiko's father sighs again, before rushing over to his car, popping the trunk. Inside the trunk, was a dusty black duffel bag, looking as if it was thrown into a dirt pit for years. He grabs it hastily, closing the trunk of the car, slinging the duffel over his shoulder. He looks around the area, finding most adults gone, having driving off from the campus, others walking away from his line of sight. With a smirk on his face, he vanishes into thin air, leaving only a small whirlwind of leaves in his spot.