Chapter 23

It's a bright sunny day for school, Hoshiko thinks to herself, as she walks down to the academy. She, along with many other different bystanders, dressed in the academy uniform, walk down both sidewalks, many people conversing with one another. Hoshiko walks by herself, listening to music on her cheap 10 dollar earbuds, ignoring the people around her. Her mind is instead clouded, recollecting her thoughts from the day prior.

"I'll work until I have full control of this borrowed Quirk. And I'll finally beat you with my own power!"

Izuku has a borrowed quirk? No, that can't be. There hasn't been any reportings on people with the power to give quirks, Hoshiko thinks.

"I mean," Hoshiko thoughts echo inside her conscience, "The only way a quirk can be passed down is hereditary, right?"

Hoshiko continues to walk towards the entrance to the academy, tucking her phone and headphones into her backpack pocket, seeing a large crowd of people surrounding the arched gate entrance.

"No problem, I can just use my quirk..." Hoshiko thinks to herself, before getting noticed by the large group of people.

Hoshiko nearly shrieks out of shock, seeing 5 journalist reports surround her, 3 of them holding microphones to her face, while two of them hold very large and uncomfortable looking cameras on their shoulders.

"You, ma'am," one reporter states, pushing the microphone closer to Hoshiko's face, "Was is it like having All Might as a teacher?"

"How is All Might teaching his students as the symbol of peace?" another reporter states.

Hoshiko raises her hands, trying to surrender herself, giving a polite smile "He is a very great teacher and I am very glad to be his student. Can I please go now?"

Despite the constant pressing of the numerous reporters, Hoshiko manages to make her way towards the entrance, using some of her natural strength to get past the crowd. As she gets past, she notices one of her classmates, Jiro, struggling to get by.

Hoshiko walks towards her quickly, reaching over, grabbing her backpack. With a harsh pull, Hoshiko pulls Jiro out of the sea of journalists, letting Jiro gasp for fresh air.

"Oh, thanks, Amari!" Jiro says to the fellow purplette, "I didn't know what to do back there."

"It's fine," Hoshiko replies back to her classmate, "I don't know what's going on, honestly."

Jiro hums, her extended ears floating up to her dark purple hair, fixing up the messiness one reporter caused. She looks over at Hoshiko, seeing the light purple haired girl standing next to her.

"You want to walk to class together?" Jiro offers.

Hoshiko smiles, giving a nod, waiting for Jiro to be ready. Once she was, both girls trek into the U.A. building.

"So, do you know why those reporters are at the entrance?" Hoshiko asks Jiro, making smalltalk.

"I think it's because of All Might being hired as a teacher. I think everyone was so shocked from it, that all the reporters across Japan want to get an exclusive interview with the Symbol of Peace. I hear they were at the East and West entrances yesterday and the day before that. Guess they wanted to try the front today" Jiro answers.

"Hm," Hoshiko hums, as the two walk towards their classroom, "I guess I never noticed it too now. I have never really been observant lately."

"You haven't been observant because you haven't gone to the East and West sides of the school. I hear a lot of people leave that way to go home or to the shopping plazas" Jiro gives a small laugh.

Hoshiko laughs as well, "Yeah, I guess you're right on that one."

As both girls enter the classroom, it didn't take long for Mr. Aizawa to enter as well, signaling the start of class. Both girls give a ghost of a smile, before walking to their desired seats. Hoshiko sits in her seat, right behind of Izuku's seat, setting her bag to the side of her leg. She notices up ahead, Katsuki's posture. Unlike yesterday, Katsuki's posture was more normal, giving a casual slouch as the day starts. Even with his body language being harsh, Hoshiko doesn't help but internally smile, glad to see him back to being his old self once more.

"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys" Mr. Aizawa states, starting class, "I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results."

He turns over to Katsuki, "Bakugo. You're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

Katsuki gives a low sigh, slouching his shoulders even more, "Yeah, whatever."

Mr. Aizawa also turns to Izuku, "And Midoriya. I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder. And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your Quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here...But your Quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it. So show a little urgency, huh?"

Izuku gives a nod of determination, "Right!"

Adjusting her position, Hoshiko rests her arms on the table in front of her, adjusting her body so that she was looking directly in the direction of Mr. Aizawa standing at his podium.

Mr. Aizawa sighs, "Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future."

Everyone sits quiet, worried, anticipating Mr. Aizawa's next statement.

"You all need to pick a class representative."