Chapter 22

The whistle blows, signaling the end of the mock battles. Hoshiko stands next to her teams mates, Asui and the crowlike man, whom she has come to learn his name to be Tokoyami. The 3 make a good team, using stealth as mainly their source of attack against the enemy team, consisting of Kirishima and Sero. It only took 10 minutes for them to win the game, as Tokoyami and his quirk, Dark Shadow, distract Sero, Hoshiko restraining Kirishima, just in time for Asui to touch the bomb, ending the match. It also could have been easy since it was a 3 on 2 scenario, but, nonetheless, everyone did a good job.

"That's a wrap! Super work," All Might cheers on the class, "You really stepped up to the plate. And we didn't have any major injuries except for Midoriya. You should be proud. Excellent first day of training, all around!"

"It's nice to hear some encouraging words after our homeroom class," Asui comments from the front of the crowd, "Mr. Aizawa was kind of a buzzkill."

"I'm happy to bring such staggering positivity to my alma mater!" All Might cheers happily, "That's all for now, folks. I should go and check on Young Midoriya's progress! Now, watch how a pro exists. Like he's got somewhere to be!"

With blistering speed, All Might uses his super speed to run away, a trail of smoke behind him. The class gawks in amazement, seeing the amazing act of heroism. After he leaves, everyone starts to walk down the exit, towards the locker room to change back into their uniforms. Hoshiko glances over, seeing a standing aloof Katsuki, his hair covering the upper half of his face, masking his true emotions. Hoshiko takes a step towards him but hesitates. Frowning, she turns around, hearing her voice being called.

"I'll have to talk to him after class" Hoshiko reminds herself, following the rest of the girls to the locker room.

Hoshiko changes her clothes quickly, slipping on her uniform with ease. She folds up her costume into its desired suitcase, putting in her boots and elbow pads in as well. She latches the suitcase shut, leaving it resting in her desired changing area.

The rest of the school day went by quick, as it was about time for everyone to be allowed to leave school. Izuku wasn't able to attend the rest of school, Hoshiko finding out he was stuck in the infirmary being tended by Recovery Girl, the school nurse. During the last few hours of class, Hoshiko couldn't stop passing looks in front of her, specifically to where Katsuki sits. For the rest of the day after the Mock Battles, he hasn't said a word to anybody. His head was always glued to his paper, his gaze not bothering to look at anyone else, to yell at them for staring.

"If he was his old self, he would have probably figured out by now I'm staring" Hoshiko analyzes to herself, "It's still shocking to see he's not yelling at me to look somewhere else."

With the school bell ringing, signaling the end of the day, no one bothered to leave their seats to go home. Rather, everyone stands up, walking over to other parts of the desk, to converse with one another, introducing themselves. Hoshiko stands as well, walking over to where Kirishima and Asui are, along with 4 other people around them. Kirishima notices Hoshiko and gives a smile.

"Hey, Amari! Nice match you did back there!" Kirishima comments.

Hoshiko scoffs, folding her arms, "You put quite a fight back there, but it wasn't enough to stop me."

As Hoshiko converses with the other classmates, she feels something collide with her shoulder, making her body turn. Hoshiko gives a small curse, turning her head, seeing Katsuki walk past her, keeping his head trained at his feet. People around Hoshiko try to stop Katsuki, but their kind gestures were on his deaf ears, as he slides the classroom door harshly, walking away. Hoshiko continues to stare at the door, remembering the main goal. She hums to herself, walking over to her bag by her desk, ignoring the new commotion, as Izuku walks into the classroom, being greeted by the other classmates.