Chapter 13

"What? A Quirk assessment test?" Everyone in Class 1A asks.

Everyone stands in their gym uniforms behind outside the main learning building, the sun beating on them from above. Everyone was confused on such a sudden command their Homeroom teacher had given them, only resulting in staring at Aizawa as he looks at the students groggily. Hoshiko stands in between Uraraka and Izuku, her arms crossed. Even in the spring heat Hoshiko was slowly breaking a sweat but doesn't pay any attention to it.

She couldn't believe her eyes earlier seeing Izuku in her class and meeting him again. She was happy nonetheless, glad to see her old green-haired friend still the same since they were kids.

"But orientation!" Uraraka exclaims, "We're gonna miss it!"

Aizawa turns his back to the students, his hands stuffed in his pockets, "If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies."

Everyone gasps at Aizawa's statement, except Hoshiko. Her mind was focused, but also trailing off, thinking about other things. Like how Katsuki was meaningly glaring in her direction from the corner of her eye. She couldn't shake the feeling of discomfort from his stare like she was the worst person on Earth to him. What could she have done to make him hate her so much? Didn't he realize who she was?

"Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions," Aizawa says, turning his head back, letting everyone see his dull stare, "That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

He turns around, his expressionless eyes making it seem like he was staring at every single person in a glance without even moving his eyes, "You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before. The country is still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. One day, the Ministry of Education will learn."

Hoshiko feels Katsuki's stare go away when Aizawa calls out his name, "Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

"Sixty-seven meters," Katsuki says, "I think."

"Right," Aizawa replies, "Try doing it with your Quirk."

Hoshiko and the rest of 1A watch as Aizawa hand Katsuki the softball, letting Katsuki walk to the giant chalk carved circle on the ground 10 feet away from them. What Aizawa said was monumental, in Hoshiko's mind. For years, Hoshiko wasn't able to participate in many physical exams because of her quirk and for her natural strength. She couldn't do any strength like tests since she could carry almost 3 times her body weight if she really wanted to. But now, she could use her strength and teleportation, it feels like a gold mine to her.

"Anything goes, just stay in the circle," Aizawa says to Katsuki, grabbing his phone out of his pocket, "Go on. You're wasting our time."

"All right, man, you asked for it" Katsuki tells Aizawa, stretching both his arms.

Everyone watches in anticipation. Katsuki takes a step forward and starts to swing his arm. Hoshiko was the first person to notice the firecrackers pop from his hands, before igniting into explosions right as Katsuki let go of the ball.

"Die!" Katsuki growls out.

The ball flies in the air too high for the naked eye to see, before it free falls to the ground, with burnt marks. Hoshiko hears Izuku next to her mutter something, herself seeing his blank stare. She looks back at Katsuki, almost glaring at the back of his head.

"He really developed his quirk," Hoshiko thinks, "Figures, he was the type of kid to always want to be better than everyone else, even when it came to quirks."

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," Aizawa explains, holding his phone for the class to see, showing 705.2 meters distance, "It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro-hero."

A boy next to Yaoyorozu, with messy blond hair with a black lightning bolt on the side of his head, gasps loudly, "Whoa, 705 meters, are you kidding me?"

"I wanna go! That looks like fun!" Another person says on the other side, the girl Hoshiko saw earlier, a bright pink colored girl.

Everyone starts to freak out over the idea of Quirk usage, even Hoshiko herself slightly. She feels excited. UA is giving her the opportunity to develop her quirk and to be the best she can be, and she's planning on taking up that offer immensely.

"So this looks fun, huh?" Aizawa mocks everyone, making Izuku beside Hoshiko gasp, "You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time? Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

Everyone gasps even louder, people's hearts going into their stomachs. Someone will get kicked out?

"Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs," Aizawa says, giving a menacing smile, "Understand? If that's a problem, you can head home right now."

If Hoshiko wasn't nervous before, she damn is now.