Chapter 3

Later on that day, Mr. Amari, Hoshiko's father, received a call from the kindergarten classroom. He was asked to come to the school immediately. Hoshiko's father was there in less than 2 minutes. He comes rushing in, half dressed, with his shirt half untucked, his jeans wrinkled, along with his hair being disheveled. He rushes to the classroom, nearly barging into the classroom in a state of panic. He wasn't afraid of Hoshiko being bad, no, he was afraid his work life had come into contact with his personal life. But, that was not the case.

Instead, he sees the kindergarten caretakers sitting around a desk, watching a computer screen intently. Mr. Amari coughs, catching their attention.

"You called?" he asks the caretakers.

One of them, a brunette wearing glasses, rushes over to Mr. Amari, a bright smile on his face. He ushers Mr. Amari to the computer desk, seeing his daughter, Hoshiko, sitting on the computer chair, twiddling her thumbs. Once she sees her father, she smiles.

"Daddy!" Hoshiko smiles.

With her sudden outburst, Mr. Amari feels a brisk of wind hit him, before seeing his daughter appear right in front of him, instead of being at the computer chair. He barely had enough time to catch her, but he did, using his strength to keep her firm against him, his eyes wide.

"Hoshiko..." Mr. Amari trails off, "How did you....?"

"They told me I developed my quirk, daddy! I'm the first one to develop it! I'm just like you!" Hoshiko smiles, trying to wrap her small hands around his wide shoulders. Mr. Amari just stands motionless, looking down at her daughter, processing her words, before smiling widely.

Mr. Amari laughs loudly, nearly spinning Hoshiko in his arms, hearing her contagious giggles. He could not believe it. When Amaya, Hoshiko's older sister, developed her quirk, it was the same as her father's, yet, she was a late bloomer, developing hers at around 6 years old. With Hoshiko, just turning 4, and having her quirk discovered, hers the same as his, it was unimaginable.

He sees the other caretakers swoon at his relationship with Hoshiko, and a small embarrassed hue perspires on his cheeks. He adjusted his daughter in his arms effortlessly, smiling down at the small carbon copy of him.

"Let's say you and I go pick up Amaya from school and swing by to pick up Mommy and we can all go to dinner for some katsudon?" Mr. Amari asks his daughter.

Hoshiko smiles, nodding vigorously, resting her head on her father's shoulder as he bids the caretakers farewell. Mr. Amari quietly escorts Hoshiko out of the classroom, holding her effortlessly in one hand, his other holding onto her bright pink backpack.

"Daddy?" Hoshiko yawns to her father, gaining his attention, as he hums, looking down at his tired daughter, "I made some friends today. They seem really nice."

Mr. Amari smiles down at his daughter, hearing the good news, "That's great, sweetie pie, another great thing today."

"I got their ball for them, and this boy named Katsuki said I'm now apart of his group."

Mr. Amari stops walking, processing her words. Her friend was....a boy. Mr. Amari sweats, glancing worriedly at Hoshiko, who was taking a nap on his shoulder.

"Oh no..." Mr. Amari thinks to himself, "I thought boys wouldn't appear for the next 5 years...

--------------------------------------

Later that night, my whole family celebrated my quirk discovery. My father was beyond extatic, having another Amari family member inherit his quirk of teleportation. My elder sister, Amaya, who was 11 at the time, was happy, but she was more on the sour side, wanting our father to gush about her inheriting his quirk. My mother was just happy, glad that both Amaya and I never had to undergo what she went through growing up. Mother, for most of her life, was quirkless. She grew up without any quirk, but, when she met my father over 15 years ago, her quirk manifested spontaneously, making her turn invisible. I really didn't know what a quirk was, I was just more excited that I got to eat my favorite flavor of cake, nearly stuffing myself till my stomach was overfilled. Over the next few weeks after that night, I became close friends with the people in my new "group" specifically Katsuki Bakugo, and Deku, who was known as Izuku Midoriya. Bakugo was a hothead and cocky, to put it nicely. But, I had a special spot in his heart, and he treated me the nicest. Midoriya was gentle and nice towards me, being a genuine friend. I may have been the only girl in the group, but the two boys were my friends, and I couldn't be any happier.

It was all good until it wasn't.