Chapter 18

"I'm home!" Ms. Amari shots out, walking into the two-story house.

Ms. Amari shuts the door behind her, putting her brown coat by a nearby coat hanger, leaving her in brown dress pants and a white long sleeve shirt. She takes her red sandals off by the door, leaving her barefoot. She walks further into the house, brushing a stray strand of her blue hair out of her face.

"Hoshiko? Are you home yet?" Ms. Amari calls out.

On cue, she hears a loud clamber coming from the kitchen, and she follows the sound to the doorway of the kitchen. She peeks over by the frame, seeing her daughter on the floor, with pots and pans surrounding her body. Hoshiko looks up at her mother, who was staring at her with a small frown. Hoshiko gives a small laugh of embarrassment, grabbing a nearby pan beside her by the handle, holding it up, "Hungry?"

Ms. Amari stays still, before erupting into a fit of giggles. Hoshiko sighs in relief, glad she wasn't in serious trouble. Ms. Amari steps into the kitchen, crouching beside Amari, helping with the pots and pans, putting them into their desirable spots.

"How about I make dinner, while you go move the furniture inside" Ms. Amari offers.

Hoshiko groans, standing up, "Do you always have to buy the furniture at the store when it's already built? You know we can build it ourselves".

"Don't go complaining at me, purple" Ms. Amari scolds, "You should be thanking me, consider this strength training, I'm doing my job as your mother to help."

Hoshiko rolls her eyes, before laughing, walking over to the door, seeing 5 sets of furniture cast out on the front yard. She sighs, looking at the contents.

"Desk.....Another couch....Bookshelf....Dresser...Rocking chair?" Hoshiko mumbles to herself, growing confused at the sight of a rocking chair.

She shakes her head but decides to go to the desk, ready to take it inside. She puts her hands on the edge of the top of the desk, before lifting it with ease. It could be 40 pounds for all she knew, it feels like she's picking up a feather.

She takes it inside easily, placing it in the middle of the living room, before going outside, doing the same with the couch.

"How was school, honey?" Ms. Amari says from the kitchen, right as Hoshiko brings in the couch cushions from outside.

"It was okay," Hoshiko says, "We took a physical test and we met our Homeroom teacher."

"Oh, really? Was your teacher a pro-hero like the reporters say?" Ms. Amari responds back.

"Yeah, apparently he's Eraserhead."

"Hm...the name sounds familiar," Ms. Amari hums loudly, "Must have been one of your father's coworkers. Anyway, did you make any friends?"

"Yeah, I think," Hoshiko replies back, bringing in the drawers to the dresser inside, "There's the girl from the exams, Uraraka. She's nice, very cheerful. There's also Iida, who is the literal definition of a teacher's pet. Um....I met this guy named Kirishima, I helped him with his dynamometer for one of our tests. There's Yaoyorozu, who I faced off in a 50-meter dash. There's also Kaminari, who complimented me on my test results."

"Any familiar faces?" Ms. Amari suggests.

"Yeah! You wouldn't believe who's in my class," Hoshiko yells out, bringing in the dresser, "Kacchan and Deku!"

"Are you kidding me?" Ms. Amari shouts back, filling a pot full of water, "You got in a class with those two? Who knew?"

"I know! And Kacchan has improved his quirk so good, it's like he's a totally different person now..which honestly, he kind of is. And Deku, I thought he didn't have a quirk, but then he had to do the ball throw test, and holy crap, he has super strength! I always thought he was quirkless."