Chapter 15

Test 2: Grip strength

The whistle blows out again, signaling the second test. Hoshiko hums to herself, lazily holding her grip test dynamometer. She looks around the gym room, seeing everyone fumbling with their own dynamometers, others concentrating on their strength. She glances over at a group of 3, one of them being over 6 feet tall, with 6 arms. He had 3 of his arms holding onto his dynamometer, testing his strength.

"I'm not even sure if that's legal" Hoshiko thinks to herself, before shrugging, "He's not getting in trouble from it, so I guess it is".

She hears a boy to her left muttering curse words, and glances over, seeing the boy with red hair and spiky teeth from earlier fumbling with his dynamometer. Hoshiko glances around the area, finding him alone from everyone else, and sighs, before leaning off the wall, making her way over to the redhead. She glances to her right as she walks, finding a few girls huddled up together, one group consisting of Uraraka and a girl with green hair and an abnormally large tongue poking out of her mouth.

"Hey," Hoshiko calls out the redhead, walking up to him, "You need any help?"

The redhead looks up from his gaze at the dynamometer, seeing Hoshiko. He rubs the back of his neck with his free hand, Hoshiko noticing his embarrassment.

"Yeah......" the redhead mumbles, "It won't let me press down on it. I think it's jammed or something..."

Hoshiko walks up to him, and opens her hand out, "Here, let me see it. You can use mine for your test."

"Huh?" the redhead gasps, "But you didn't even take your test! And you're just gonna let me use yours?"

Hoshiko glances up at him, her jade green eyes staring at his red, "It's fine, trust me."

Looking at the redhead's embarrassment makes Hoshiko stifle a laugh, hearing him mumble how "unmanly it was taking a girl's dynamometer". She glances down at his old test, putting her hand through the slot underneath the slot to squeeze her hand on. She gives a slight press, confirming the redhead's suspicion- the contraption was jammed.

"Oh, by the way," the redhead speaks up, gaining Hoshiko's attention, "I'm Kirishima. Sorry about earlier, asking questions about your dad."

Hoshiko gives a small laugh, squeezing her hand hard on the dynamometer, feeling the contraption starting to unjam itself, "Its fine, I should have expected it. My dad was a great guy. I'm Amari."

She feels her arm jerk, finally getting the contraption unjammed, giving a small pant. Kirishima looks over at the dynamometer, jumping at the sight.

"Woah! You got over 235 kilograms!"

Hoshiko hums in confusion, before looking down at her test, seeing the numbers. She gives a scoff, before laughing, "I was just trying to unjam it."

Both teens look at each other, before snickering.

-------

Test 3: Standing long jump

The teenage purpleette stands in between her new friends Kirishima and Uraraka, watching as the others take their tests. She was the first person to take the test, managing to keep her teleportation in check, getting her to continuously teleport throughout the air as she passes by the robot, managing to pass the test. Izuku was the last person to finish the test, only managing to just get right where the robot was, before landing on the sand. At this rate, it may seem like Izuku would be the last on the test. "Then again...." Hoshiko thinks to herself, "What's his quirk, even?"

------

Test 4: Repeated side steps

"Good job, Amari!" Iida says to her as Hoshiko walks over, wiping her forehead.