Chapter 2

It was around recess time in kindergarten. Many children run around the small playground, crawling on the apparatus, the sound of children laughing echoing around the area. Hoshiko, however, was not one of the laughing kids. She sits on a metal swing, her hair covering part of her face, as she watches all the children her age interact with each other. She was shy, but strong-willed, desperately trying to make friends, to hold to her father's promise. Some of the children waved and said hi back when she greeted them, but, no one stayed around to talk to her. She was the new kid in kindergarten, having moved from her old home in Nagoya, moving with her mother and father and elder sister, Amaya. And being the new kid, no one wanted to talk to her.

Hoshiko scans the area, seeing a group of kids by a sand pick, kicking a red ball with each other. She decides to sit and watch, finding it amusing to see two out of the 4 kids flock over one boy, while the odd one out watches. The 2 out of the 4 kids flocked to the boy about her age, with spiky, blonde hair. He seemed to be laughing loudly in triumph, the two kids, both boys, gawk at him. The odd one out was another boy, but unlike the 3 others, he had dark green vibrant hair and very distinct red sneakers. Hoshiko tilts her head at the four, vaguely hearing them bicker as they kick the ball.

"You better catch the ball, Deku!" the boy with spiky hair shouts, taking a stance to kick the ball.

Hoshiko watches, as the blonde boy kicks the ball with full force, watching the ball go over the chain link fence that separates the kindergarten from the real world. All the kids groan at the spiky-haired boy, who shows a look of defense.

"I-It's not my fault! Deku should have caught the ball!" the blond boy says in defense, pointing at the green haired kid.

Hoshiko bites her lip, looking over at the red bouncy ball, seeing it was across the other side of the fence. She glances over at the group of boys, specifically at the blonde kid, before hopping off her swing, walking calmly to the fence, not even bothering to spare a glance at the group. She frowns, not being able to find a spot to squeeze through. She was trying to get the ball and give it back to the group of boys, her hope in finding some friends. It doesn't matter if they're boys, they're still friends.

She didn't know how she did it, but she found herself right in front of the red bouncy ball on the sidewalk. She freezes, looking behind her, finding the school playground behind her. She reaches down in front of her, grabbing the red ball in her hands. Suddenly, she feels a rush of wind blow through her hair, almost impairing her field of vision. When she regains it, she finds a pain or ruby red eyes staring down at her. It was the blond boy, staring down at her, a look of confusion on his face.

Hoshiko gulps, before extending her hands out, holding the red ball in front of her to the blonde boy. Hoshiko closes her eyes, not wanting to see the disapproving look from the blonde boy, as all the other kids gave her the same look. But, she feels the blonde boy take the red ball out of her hands.

"Oi!" the blonde boy speaks.

Hoshiko opens her eyes, seeing the young boy tower over her small height.

"You're the new girl, right?" he asks her.

Hoshiko meekly nods, seeing the boy smile proudly.

"Well, you're apart of our group now! My name is Katsuki Bakugo! And I'm gonna be the #1 hero someday!" the blonde boy exclaims, pointing his thumb at himself.

Hoshiko's eyes widen, before the soften, smiling at the boy, "My name is Hoshiko Amari, it's nice to meet you."