Chapter 16

Everyone stands in shock at Izuku's sudden sense of strength, the boy with lighting bolt hair shouting at his meter throw.

"Nice, he's finally showing us his true power!" Uraraka cheers beside Hoshiko, grabbing her shoulders.

"But his finger appears to be broken now," Iida evaluates, "Just like in the exam. This Quirk is very odd."

Hoshiko glances over at Katsuki, who has the face of pure astonishment mixed with fear. His mouth hangs open, unable to speak. His face grows stoic, Hoshiko noticing his palms starting to ignite firecrackers.

"Uh...Kacchan?" Hoshiko says to him, hoping to catch his attention.

She fails, as Katsuki lunges forward, running toward Izuku with full speed, his palms threatening to ignite with explosions. Izuku screams at Katsuki running towards him.

Right as Katsuki is 10 feet away from him, Aizawa's scarf tendrils latch onto Katsuki's chest and head, pulling him back.

"Why the hell is your damn scarf so strong?" Katsuki grunts out, looking back behind him, seeing Aizawa.

"Because it's a capture weapon made out of carbon fiber and a special metal alloy" Aizawa explains plainly, his quirk triggered, "Stand down."

The whole class grows nervous at Aizawa's stern attitude.

"It'd be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye" he continues, loosening his hold on the scarf, "You're wasting my time now. Whoever's next can step up."

Izuku carefully steps away from Katsuki, said blonde growing still. Hoshiko watches Katsuki from afar, her worry increasing at the sight of his angry face. She takes a step forward towards him but feels Uraraka pulling her away from her hand. She gives one last glance to Katsuki, before turning away.

----------------------

After finishing the rest of the tests, all the students of 1A stand in front of Aizawa, awaiting the results. Hoshiko stands next to Kirishima, Katsuki behind her.

"All right, time to give you your results" Aizawa states lazily, "I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual's score."

Hoshiko waits impatiently, wanting to know her score. Aizawa pulls up the scoreboard from his phone, displaying the result. Everyone looks at the board, searching for their names. Hoshiko trails down the list, before seeing her name next to the number 4. She glances at the last place, seeing her friend Izuku being at the lowest rank, rank 20. She looks up at the first place spot, seeing it being a boy named Shoto Todoroki. She glances over at the suspected Todoroki, noticing the abstract hair color of his, along with an expressionless face. She glances at his two different hair colors, his left side being red, his right side icy white. Right underneath the number one spot was Katsuki being number two, and Hoshiko visibly hears Katsuki's low grumbling behind her, obviously upset.

"And I was lying, no one's going home," Aizawa confesses, stunning the class, "That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests."

Everyone in the class is stunned, including Hoshiko. If only she noticed it earlier, she wouldn't have been so nervous about it.

"That was pretty nerve-wracking, huh?" a boy with black flat hair says to Kirishima, gaining Hoshiko's attention as well.

"Heh, I'm always down for a challenge" Kirishima boasts, giving a wide grin.

Hoshiko hears Katsuki tsk behind her, making Hoshiko tilt her head subconsciously.

"That's it. We're done for the day," Aizawa says, "Pick up a syllabus in the classroom. Read it over before tomorrow morning.

He walks away, dismissing class. Everyone stays silent before the class starts to disperse to the locker room. Hoshiko follows suit, following behind the invisible girl she somewhat conversed with earlier, entering the locker room to change quickly. Hoshiko doesn't bother talking to anyone, just focused on getting dressed. She has other intentions. She was hoping she would get the chance to talk to Katsuki, see how he has been the past 11 years.

By the time she walks out of the locker room, over half of the girls were still half dressed. Hoshiko slings her bag over her shoulder, walking towards the front of U.A. Academy, almost tempted to teleport to the front with every step she takes.

"Hopefully Katsuki won't blast me in the face..."