Chapter 10

Something your hiding from me?

Rich POV

It was past 9:00 and I was still waiting on trinity at this restaurant. She was getting off of work and I know she had to change before getting here. I wanted to pick her up myself but she insisted on meeting here. More and more people were leaving and by now it was just me. I checked my phone for the 3rd time and no reply from my message. My mind was in a completely different place right now.

I had so much going on with Ross and Shaun and the rest of my life here at college. If my coach or anyone at this school found out I would be kicked out of NYU. My hands were shaky and I was paranoid that somebody had seen me in that drug house the other day. Trinity walked in after two people left. She looked nice tonight but she wasn't wearing a dress like I thought she would be. Either way she still looked good. I got up to pull out her chair for her after giving her a peck on the cheek.

Trinity: sorry i'm late. I was the only one at work since my coworker didn't show up. This is really nice of you doing this.

Me: yeah, I feel like i'm the one who should be apologizing here. I know we've been a little rocky in our relationship and we don't see each other as much. But tonight is all about me and you.

I could tell she had a fake smile on her face from the way she couldn't look me in the eye. Being as guilty as I was, I didn't think much of it. She probably thought I wasn't telling her the truth. All I wanted to do was save our relationship.

Trinity: that means a lot to me boo, and yeah, stuff has been tough between us.

Me: i'm sorry for thinking you were cheating on me. You know the time I stopped by your dorm? I just get worried over whats mine. I know you would never do that to me.

Trinity: lets change the subject.. I heard about the celebration party that'll be hosted by the basketball team. I should be able to go.

Me: really? That'll be good then. I really do miss spending time with you. To be honest I sometimes feel as were drifting apart. I don't wanna give up on us Trin.

Trinity: you know i'm not going no where baby.  I'm here with you through thick and thin. I got you boo. I'm a crazy girlfriend but only you can handle me.

Me: yeah, you're ass is a handful.

I responded to her, laughing. Time went by and we ordered our food and finally got it. Tonight was great with me and her and i'm glad we were both willing to work things out. But sometimes, I just didn't know about Trinity, she was still a sneaky girl no matter what she told me. 

Me: Trin?

Trinity:mmhm?

She said as she surfed through her phone and sipped on her margarita. She had on a turtle neck sweater which was odd because it wasn't cold outside. Every once in a while I saw a purple mark on the side of her neck. What other nigga had she been with to make her have a hickey? Now I was pissed off and she was about to get embarrassed in this place. We just had a damn conversation about honesty.

Me: why do you have on a turtle neck sweater? Its not cold.

I asked playing along.

Trinity: I was already late getting here, So I just tried to find something to wear. Plus to me, it is a little chilly outside.

Me: you sure? I mean since we bringing it all on the table... It feels like your hiding something.

She batted her long false eyelashes and put her phone away. I cannot stand this girl playing game on me and thinking i'm dumb.