Chapter 24

Jamie POV

The butler took off my coat for me and hung it up on the coat rack next to the front door. He then escorted me into the living room after passing numerous family pictures in the hall that were familiar to me by now. This had been the first time I was here when his butler was working. So instead of explaining myself, I acted as if I didn't know what to do and let him lead me into the living room. He seemed very kind and was a very small man. If I had on my heels he would have to look up at me even more. I took a spot on the couch and relaxed, remembering my surroundings. He then left and went into the kitchen.

Even though Fantasy told me I wasn't in the hot seat anymore, I was still nervous to see Ryan after all that had happened. He was upset with me and he had every reason to be. But Fantasy insisted on me coming, so of course I did. The butler returned with a drink and sat it in front of me.

Butler: usually, he doesn't have guest unless it's family. May I ask if you two are related?

Me: well, it's complicated you know?

He smiled reassuringly.

Butler: We've all been there. My job here is ending in the next 5 minutes. Are you going to be okay by yourself?

Me: yeah I should be fine.

Butler: very well. Ryan told me your allowed to be here by yourself. I'll be getting my things in the guest room if you need me.

A few more minutes passed and the butler was gone like he said he would be. He had refilled my glass of wine once he saw it halfway empty. Ryan did say he had to work so I didn't mind waiting. Eventually my phone started to ring and I seen it was Sarah.

Me: wassup?

I answered.

Sarah: um Jamie, the copy machine is jammed again. The office is literally covered right now.

Me: ugh, Sarah is anyone there to help?

Sarah: no, I really need your help.

I sighed and got my purse and walked towards the door. Maybe I could make it to work and back here before he came. As I was reaching for my coat off the rack, the door opened and Ryan was about to walk in before he saw me about to leave.

Ryan: Where you think you going?

Me: Sarah needs my help at work and-

Ryan: tell her tonight is for us. You not about to leave.

He took off his jacket and took my hand after that. Hand in hand, we walked upstairs together straight to his room. Even though we had an argument, it already seemed like everything was back in place. His warm scent was every where in his bedroom. Damn I had missed him so much. He let go of my hand and let me sit on the bed while he started to undress right in front of me.

Me: I didn't know your butler was so nice.

I said breaking the silence.

Ryan: He's a good man, I like keeping him around.

Me: Ryan I just want to say I'm sorry. I know I've said it a thousand times but I really mean it. What I did was childish I'll admit.

By now he was in nothing but his underwear. His brown skin was radiant. His skin was glowing and his fresh cut looked good on him. He walked up to me and hovered over me a little, placing a soft kiss onto my lips.

Ryan: I told you in the beginning I like challenges. You and that attitude something else but I got what it takes to handle that.

He said eyeing my frame and licking his lips. His eyes were scanning my body as if I were something to eat. The heat between us was enough to make me melt. I placed my arms around his neck after caressing his handsome face.