Chapter 14

Jamie POV

I parked my car and headed towards Ryan's front door. This was my first time coming over to his house and I was amazed. This man had it going on. It looked like a two story brick house with a lovely garden and pool I could see from the front. I fixed my makeup in my compact mirror and applied a fresh coat of lip gloss. There were a bunch of cars parked into the driveway, he had to have company over. I walked up the steps and ringed the doorbell. Why was I so nervous? I mean, I had been around Ryan plenty of times but now I'm coming into his house. I had never been given this type of treatment before. Ecspecially coming out the hood. There were a group of deep voices talking and laughing before the door opened. Once it did, I was greeted by a rather tall figured guy. He looked a lot like Ryan except his hair was completely gone from his head. He had to be his brother. To keep from staring I smiled.

Me: hey, is Ryan here?

?: you must be the mystery girl he's been hiding. How you doing miss, I'm Rashad.

Me: I'm Jamie, it's nice to meet you.

Rashad: come on in. We're playing pool right now and I'm kicking Ryan's tale.

I laughed innocently and walked into the house. It was huge and the walls were covered in pictures of him and his famly. We both went down a long hallway that led to the game room. Once we entered, there was two other men playing pool with Ryan. My heart started to flutter when I saw him, he was so adorable to me. He was sitting back in a chair fully focused in the game. That is, until we came in.

Rashad: Ryan there's a lovely lady here to see you. Is this the one you've told us about?

Ryan looked up at Rashad and I before smiling. His brothers laughed and looked at me like they've known me for years. I stood kind of awkward, holding onto my purse and looking around like I was the new girl in school.

Ryan: it's nice to see you've already met my brother Rashad. These two others are my brothers also. That one over there is Raheem, and the other right here is Randy.

I looked at all of them together as they stood in front of me. Damn, was all of his family fine? They each gave me a hug and we eventually sat down and talked for a bit.

Rashad: just wanted to let you know I'm the oldest Jamie. Which means I'm the-

Raheem: the dumbest one in the group. Don't believe what he says sweetheart. He's zoned out half the time.

Rashad: shut up Raheem. Jamie he's the know it all. The one that thinks he'a so smart because he's a teacher.

Ryan: Randy is the youngest. He doesn't say much. He usually keeps to himself but he's a cool guy.

Randy: hey how are you?

Me: I'm fine thanks for asking. I never knew you had so many brothers Ryan. They're all so sweet.

Rashad: let me tell you about the time Ryan called us in the middle of the night. It was at least one in the morning and he told all of us to come here so we could hear the news. Go on and tell them the rest Randy.

Randy: I thought someone in the family had passed away. I was a bit confused but all 3 of us drove here. Come to find out he said the good news was you. He talked about you all night until he couldn't no more. You should have seen his eyes, he was so in love.

I smiled over at Ryan who had his face covered with his hand. Smiling I hit him in his shoulder and continued listening. His brothers were hilarious not to mention nice. I watched them play another round of pool. Rashad was a master at that game, he took everyone's money because of his good skill. He laughed and collected the money to put it in his wallet.