Chapter 2

Fantasy POV

Professor Richardson pranced around the room putting up paintings from famous artists. I knew almost every artist work that she hung up on the walls. Today we would have a little fun. She told us that we would have a game to play. Her games were never fun but i'm still willing to play. Although I am her favorite person to see in this class. She once told me she likes my composure and how I carry myself. She sees something bright in me that I hope I can bring out myself. Her long jet black hair followed after her as she set up the stuff we needed for the game. She reminded me so much of myself when I got older. I really admired her.

Her passion for art and drawing was on the same level as mines. We often talked about things other people wouldn't even know about. I had been in the front seat of the class since 8:30. I had my pink bow uggs with grey leggings and a white tee. Today was a chill day. I never bothered getting pretty for class because who is there to impress at NYU? My Starbucks was on the side of my desk and my notebooks scattered the rest of my working area. I really looked and felt a mess. Ever since last night, I still needed to find Jamie and see if she was okay. I also wanted to talk to Shaun and see what why he ran off.

Professor: Mrs. Jones are you okay? You're always excited when I have a activity going on. Is there something going on?

Me: no ma'am. I'm okay, just a rough morning I guess.

She stared at me because she knew I wasn't telling the truth. See what I mean? We were too close to let something like this go. She gave me a pat on the shoulder and assured me things would be okay. See I would call my parents and talk about this but I wanted to prove to my mom how good I was doing at NYU. I didn't want to tell her any problems I had because she would give me the I told you so speech.

Shaun POV

Me and my homeboy Rich were walking to the gym to shoot some hoops before practice started. We had a full gym to ourselves and I needed a nigga to vent to. What other person than Rich? He was my main guy, someone I can count on. Our bond wasn't as strong as It was with my dead brother, but it was getting there. We had just gotten back from the cafe to get something to eat because it was no breaks doing practice. Coach was a bitch for that move. The cheerleaders lined up outside the gym doing stretches and I saw a girl with the biggest ass I ever seen in my life. She winked at me and I smiled back.

She was just another one to add to my list. I hurried up and got inside before Brittany could see me but it was too late.

Brittany: baby There you are! I been looking all over for you.

Me: can't you see i'm busy right now?

Brittany: well damn excuse me! Don't expect to get anything from me tonight then.

Me: Yeah alright.

She flicked me off and walked back to her cheer squad. Seeing her made me think of last night all over again. She almost got her ass beat. Rich laughed and opened the doors to the gym. Empty like we had planned.

Rich: you crazy for that one. You know what they say, a crazy girlfriend is the best.

Me: well she too crazy for me. She trying to get in my head and mess with me. She thinks I love her but i'm in love with money and basketball. I'm not trying to get cuffed.

Rich: then what were you trying to do with Fantasy back at the party then?

Me: I don't know man. I wanted to know her better. I was saying stuff like I wanted her to be mines but that's dead now. The alcohol was getting to me.

I lied. I really wanted fantasy to be my girlfriend but I can't show my friend that I got emotions. Not even Rich. He smirked and shook his head. He was good friends with Fantasy so I knew he had close ties with her.