Chapter 1

What could I wear to a college party? I wanted to wear something flirty but at the same time I didn't want to show up doing too much. That wasn't my style. I liked the elegant look but tonight I wanted something different. After wearing sweats, uggs, and boots everyday to class you really loose your style. I examined my closet for the second time. Was I trying to look good for Shaun Hall? Why should I? Everyone treated him like he was royalty but me, he was the same as everyone else here.

I decided to take a shower for about 20 minutes and wash my hair to leave it curly for tonight. I applied my coconut lotion to my skin and sprayed my favorite perfume onto my neck and wrist. There was two knocks on the door so I put on my pink gown and hurried to the door.

Rich. I smiled and let him in quickly before anyone saw me half clothed. He sat on the bed and got on his phone as usual, not realizing I had a gown on. He looked good tonight.

A white fitted tee with true religion jeans on and some type of fancy shoe that I couldn't name. The tattoos on his arms looked well on him. I went back to deciding what to wear for tonight. I heard Rich's deep voice in the background laughing.

Rich: Fantasy where's your clothes?

Me: I can't figure out what to wear. You know how I am. It takes me forever to get dressed.

Rich: well I still can't believe you're going with me and Jamie tonight. This isn't like you.

Me: it's time for a change Rich. I want to have fun tonight. For once I don't want it to be all about studying.

Rich: tell me one thing, you won't let Shaun get to you right?

I rolled my eyes realizing he was behind me. He was so protective over me which I loved, but I could talk to whoever I wanted to and it shouldn't be a problem. After him finding out about my ex, he clung to me everyday. I turned around and looked up at his light brown puppy eyes and saw he was worried. He licked his plump pink lips and put his hand on my shoulder. My body had chills by his touch.

Rich: I know what type of guy he is. That's all.

Me: who said I even like him Rich? I don't know him. You know I'm smart enough to hold it down by myself.

Rich: I know, maybe I'm tripping.

Jamie came in ready to go as she tapped her foot by the door.

[ minutes later]

Drake was honestly my favorite rapper to listen to. Most of his music I had on my phone and I have every album he has. Even some of his clothing. So when they were playing his music in the house I got excited. Everyone was dancing with their friends or either hugged up on each other. I hadn't been to a place like this in a long time. It was going to take us about an hour to get in because of the line but shaun came out to get Jamie and I. That was sweet of him. Right now, we were both sitting down just chatting and getting to know each other I guess. I was a little anxious because I knew Dalvin was here. If he sees me with him, he'll make a scene.

Shaun: you look good tonight, I didn't know you were going to go all out on your outfit. You got a nigga feeling intimidated.

I laughed a little and sipped on the vodka he gave me. I've never drunk vodka before because its so strong. It only takes a little to get drunk and i'm trying not to go that route. Shaun had something strong in his cup that I could smell from all the way where I was sitting. I noticed all the girls dancing around him and trying to sit on his lap. Must be hard having all this attention all day.

Me: So whats the real reason you invited me here? Not many people invite me to parties.

Shaun: I don't know. We have bio chemistry together and I sit right across from you. You're a smart girl I know that. I find that very attractive.