Chapter 6

Fantasy POV

I knew my best friend Jamie was crazy, so when I heard about her flirting with one of the grad students I wasn't surprised. She never had a problem getting a man but finding the right one for her was a challenge. As far as I know, she promised me that she wasn't stressing a man until she got her career together. But when it came to her love life, she was so confused on what she wanted. So if this dude was bat crazy with tattoos on his face, I still wouldn't be surprised.

Right now I was in the fine arts department located in the design section where me and Jamie was. She had her own little training office for her practice. The whole theme was cheetah and if that's not cute I don't know what is. I was sitting in a chair in front of her desk where she was sketching away on her drawing pad. When it came to work, she didn't play. But she knew damn well why I came.

Me: Jamie, cut the crap and tell me about this guy.

Jamie: what guy? Ryan? He's no one.

Me: well why am I hearing about you and him flirting in the lounge all the time, hmm?

Jamie: who told you? Its them cheerleaders right? They always in somebody damn business. He gave me his number and we been talking ever since. You know i'm not trying to be serious with this dude. I just want what's in the draws.

Me: you are a mess you know that right? I still want to see what he looks like.

Jamie: he should be somewhere around here. He never leaves this side of the department. He's a model for the designs around here. Wait a minute, I have him on social media.

Her manicured hands went to typing on the keyboard. Even her keyboard was colored. She showed me her phone . He was a nice looking guy.

Me: So he's a nursing major?

Jamie: yeah but he's always in this department.

Me: that's a little strange.

Jamie: Fantasy sweetie, he's over here on this side for ass and tits. Every girl here is basically a design major and yet they still manage to be tacky as hell. I'm sorry for my blunt language but what else could he want over here? Think about it.

I laughed and decided to check my phone . 9 unread messages and 3 missed calls. Damn, somebody loves me. Jamie looked over at me and planted a smile on her face.

Jamie: Shaun must miss you huh? I see he blew up your phone.

Me: Jamie stay your nosey ass behind that desk and do your work.

I responded laughing. To be honest I liked the fact that he stayed blowing me up. It let me know that he really wanted me. I read the text messages he sent and laughed at a few. He was so sweet.

Jamie: this nigga fine and all but he still with Brittany. Don't get caught up okay?

Me: yeah I know. Its obvious he doesn't like her though.

Jamie: I don't care, Brittany crazy just like me. So we don't mix and if I have to throw another drink at that bitch I will. Just for my friend.

Me: girl whatever but listen the cheerleaders have decided to throw a party after the first game this week. It'll be exciting.

Jamie: girl it will be more than exciting because its at some rich person's mansion. I'm always down for a good party. But it will suck if we loose.

Me: we're NYU. Home of the bobcats. We don't loose around here.

Jamie: ew, you already sounding like a cheerleader. They is turning you out into a pep freak.

I shook my head and texted Shaun back.