Chapter 22

Hey guys exuse the spelling and grammar errors I'll fix them soon. I was just eager to post this. I kind of threw something together on this one, I hope it's as good. Click on picture above for Shaun. :)

Shaun POV

I looked at the crowd that was waiting for me outside the locker room. I placed my towel over my shoulder and put my duffle bag around my body. I had just got back from a workout with the team and already it was people wanting to know what was going on. I actually thought of speaking to the crowd and telling them what was going on until coach had called my name for me to meet him in his office. I said my goodbyes to my team mates and followed him back into the locker room I had just left out of.

I knew he was pissed. He had every reason to be. All this controversy about the shooting at the auditorium and now this? The basketball team was getting a bad name not to mention we have been slacking on performance with everyone on our ass. I sat down in front of coach's desk as he held his hands covering his face. It was easy to tell he was stressed out.

Coach: damn it Shaun, what the hell is going on? First I tired to keep my mouth shut about the auditorium and the shooting since everyone is asking me is it someone on the team. I tried to believe all of you when you guys said you had nothing to do with it. But now shit like this!

He said pointing to the muted tv that was on the news. Of course we were the main topic again and Rich's name was everywhere. I leaned back in the chair and took a deep breath.

Coach: this boy is my best player! If I needed anything from anyone on this team I went to Rich first. Now All of a sudden he kills a student?

I sat there offended but listened anyways. If anything I thought I was the best team player as I recall coach telling me before the season started. I looked at the tv once more and seen a mugshot of Rich and chuckled a bit.

Coach: you think this shit is funny? Do you know the faculty and staff is on my ass 24/7 now because of this? I can't defend you guys or babysit anymore! Without Rich we can't make it the rest of the season. I just can't believe he could kill somebody.

Me: well he actually- um.... Yeah I can't believe he would kill someone either.

I wouldn't consider Rich as my homeboy anymore considering what happened with us. Plus by the way he's been acting he deserved some shit like this. There was no way in hell I would admit to killing Trinity. Rich was going to pay back for every little thing he thought he could get away with.

Coach calmed down a little bit once he turned off the tv and looked at his stats on the computer. He sighed for the hundredth time and took a sip of his coffee.

Coach: I called you in because you were the closest to Rich. Did you know anything about this? Anything? You need to speak up now before the cops come up to me and accuse me.

I simply shook my head without thinking.

Coach: ok well how has everything been going? Anybody come up to you? Questions being asked,anything?

I got up out of my seat, irritated. I shrugged my shoulders and prepared to leave.

Me: coach I advise you to calm down. There won't be no reason for the cops to bombard us since they have found the girl's body and the murderer right?

Coach: For someone close to him, you damn sure aren't giving off any reaction.

He looked at me bewildered.

Me: if it was me who killed this innocent girl, I wouldn't want Rich feeling bad if I had to go to jail. I would do the time yunno.

I lied and left out the door without saying goodbye.