Chapter 26

Please excuse mistakes.

Fantasy POV

Jamie and I were at the same hospital that I had been to when Rich's dad was having heart problems. After finding out that Thomas was been shot Jamie rushed to come get me and we both headed here. The whole car ride my mind was blank and I didn't want to think it was true. I was scared that I had lost a friend that I just made, I was also scared that he had left behind a family that was just getting started. I couldn't help but feel like this was some how my fault and I could've helped to avoid this happening. Jamie was running faster than me and the heels she had on clearly wasn't stopping her. I was a short distance behind her looking for the room number that he was in. Jamie finally stopped running and stood in front of the door at the end of the hall, I caught up to her after a few seconds and stared at the door, Scared of what I might see.

Jamie went ahead and opened the door a little leaving space for us to walk into the room. There was a doctor, what seemed to be Thomas's girl, his baby, and of course Thomas himself laying in the bed. The doctor paid no attention to us but instead he pulled the hospital sheet over Thomas's body to where he was completely covered. I gasped as his girlfriend sat there crying loudly as a nurse came and offered to hold the baby for her while she grieved. I wiped a tear away from my eye once I seen her break down how she did. No mother should ever be in this situation.

Doctor: I'm sorry ladies but he passed a few minutes ago. He lost too much blood and we tried all we could. I'll let everyone have their minutes, maybe even call the family.

He said as he walked past us, he patted Jamie on the back as he left out the door. She pulled me in for a tight hug but it felt like I couldn't feel anything right now. My mind was empty and my heart was full. Jamie looked like she wanted to cry for me but she held it together. She wiped away my tears and told me that it was going to be okay.

Me: Jamie what is she going to do?

I said crying.

Me: she just lost everything. The father of her baby, the love of her life. I can't even imagine how she's feeling.

I said looking over at her and the nurse.

Me: this is all my fault. I should have never let him watch out for me and maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Jamie: don't put this on yourself boo, he was close to Rich so he did what he thought was right. Just looking out for a friend.

Me: Jamie that baby's birthday is today. Now every birthday that comes she's going to remember how her father got killed? I-i just can't believe this.

Jamie gave me another hug as she pulled me in tighter. I hadn't known him for that long but I just knew Thomas was a great father and I knew he was crazy about his family. Rich won't know how to take it when I told him this. Jamie and I walked over to where his girlfriend was sitting and decided to sit near her.

Jamie: excuse me, I know this isn't the right time but I'm Jamie, and this is Fantasy. We were friends with Thomas.

Me: if there is anything we can do we'll be glad to help. Seriously, anything.

She looked up at the both of us and stopped crying. She was so beautiful, I could tell why Thomas was attracted to her.

Angie: it's nice to meet you, I'm Angie.

She stopped talking for a moment and grabbed another Kleenex.

Angie: they said they found his body on the side of the road. His stomach was just covered in blood, that's where he was shot. I had gotten a call from the police and they told me everything. When I got here he was still alive. He was having a hard time breathing, but he was alive.