Chapter 12

Excuse all the mistakes

Rich POV

Shaun and I, were on the highway driving to a place Ross had ordered us to go to. Ross always had crazy ideas and sometimes he acted before he could think. Ever since he was arguing on the phone with someone this morning, he had been locked in his office half of the day talking to himself and going through his things. That's when he called us, his two best workers. Ross had ordered us to go on the other side of town to meet up with a few men who were hustling the same way we were. The car ride was somewhat quiet besides the music blasting in the car. Shaun exited off the highway and made a left.

Shaun: That was a bad ass party last night huh?

He asked, I could smell the strong scent of alcohol coming from his mouth.

Me: yeah it was wild. A lot of more people came than I thought. I didn't stay for too long, I had just came from Fantasy's contest.

Shaun: That's what I been meaning to ask, y'all left so quick you didn't give me a chance to speak.

Me: oh well yeah you know.

Shaun: yeah, it's too bad I didn't get to dance with her. I was looking forward to seeing her last night. What she had on had her looking right you know?

Me: I swear sometimes you just like the idea of having her. You don't want her like that man.

Shaun: Aye look, I told you how I felt about her plant of times. You know I would love to be with her. I know I'm a player but she got me thinking otherwise. Only reason I'm telling you is because you're my bro.

Me: what about Brittany? You still have a girlfriend Shaun. If you keep giving Brittany clues that you like Fantasy, it's not gone end well. Brittany is a different type of crazy.

Shaun: you don't understand, my parents and her parents would love for us to get married and all that. But I'm not doing that shit. I haven't even graduated college yet. Plus Brittany is too controlling.

Me: then tell her that. Tell her you can't do it anymore.

Shaun: I try, but it seems to fail everytime. I called her last week and tried to sit her down and talk but it didn't work. I was going to tell her how I really felt but next thing you know she was on the floor pulling my pants down.

I cringed at that thought. We turned into a empty parking lot in the middle of no where. There was a black SUV on the other side of the lot. Was that the car Ross had assigned us to look for?

Me: All I'm saying is, Fantasy likes you a lot more than you think. And you know you haven't broke it off with Brittany. Fantasy likes you a lot...and-

Shaun: and what?

Me: she overheard you and Brittany talking upstairs.  By what she told me, you don't sound like you ready to leave ole girl alone.

His face sunk as he grabbed the gun from under the car seat and looked the other way.

Shaun: damn. I'm guessing she told you. I was just drunk man. All I was doing was telling her what she wanted to hear so I could fuck. What do you think I should do?

Me: you on your own with that one.

Shaun got out the car with the gun in his jacket pocket. He looked around the car and two men got out fully clothed in black. See, Ross had specific orders. If they didn't drop their guns, then he wanted Shaun to kill them. I was to stay in the car and if there was more to attack Shaun, then I would come out and help. I too, had something under my car seat. I looked down at my phone and saw that Trinity had sent me a photo of herself. I thought I had blocked her number already but seems I didn't. I opened the photo and saw her butt ass naked laying on the bed and sending a text saying she missed me. Before I could respond, I heard two gunshots go off. Startled, I looked up and saw the same two men with black on, laying on the floor lifeless. Shaun ran back into the car and proceeded to drive off.