Chapter 9

Jamie POV

As I was drawing on my sketch pad in my office, it was nice and neat like always. But ever since my professor came in and gave me all this work, My desk was stacked with paper and phone calls I needed to make. My hair appointment was set up for 2:30 and right now it was 1:00. There was no way I could finish all of this. I sat in the back of my chair and studied the computer screen.

A male figure came into my office without knocking and just closed the door behind him. He had on a jogging suit that looked nice on him but the wrong color shoes. It was key for me to study someone's outfit and correct them on the do's and don'ts. Once I saw the person's face, it was no other than Ryan. His beautiful teeth gave me a smile as he sat down. Now my office had the smell of fresh axe.

Me: you can't just pop into my office unannounced. I'm a busy person.

Ryan: you didn't say anything until I sat down, I don't think you have a problem with me being in here do you?

Me: since your somewhat of a friend it doesn't matter. Can I help you with anything this morning? I only need volunteer models at the end of the week.

Ryan: no,this has nothing to do with work actually. I was eating at denny's down the street from campus and I was wondering if you were hungry.

The only thing I was hungry for right now was him! I know this man did not try to sweet talk me into a date. Because if he did, I definitely would go. But right now isn't the time.

Me: food sound so damn good right now but I have to finish all this stuff on my desk. Maybe a different time.

There was no disappointment on his face, he kept the same smile and took my hand from across his seat rubbing it with his thumb.

Ryan: I know you have a lot of stuff to do and I understand that. But I talked to your professor about it.

Me: oh did you?

Ryan: mhm, and he is giving you a extra day. See how I work?

Me: boy you think you all smooth coming in here trying to take me on a date.

Ryan: I didn't say it was a date, but now it is.

I smiled and got my Michael kors purse that Fantasy had gotten me from under my desk. I slipped my pumps back on and got up following his lead.

Fantasy POV

My art professor and I studied the two paintings that had been pinned on the wall since this morning. One of a man and another of a young lady. We didn't know the person who had donated such expensive work but they were generous. The art section of campus didn't get much attention as it needed to so to see something like this was shocking. Whoever did this had to have a lot of money in order to buy it. Professor Richardson sat and looked at the work she had on her desk and signed a few papers. She had wanted me to stay after class for a little meeting. She was one of the most down to earth instructors here. whatever she had to say I was all ears.

I took a seat by her desk and placed my cheer bag onto the floor.

Professor: how have you been lately? You been so involved with your team you barely have time for us.

Me: thats not true, I'm still committed to doing this. I wouldn't leave this for a cheer team.

Professor: I hope not because you are the best student I have. Your dedication is what inspires me to teach. But the reason I asked you to stay is because of the art convention we have every year. Its coming up.

My eyes lit up and my full attention was on her. Whoever had the best painting got a lot of money and a chance to have their stuff in a actual museum. I couldn't miss a chance of being rich and a little famous throughout New York.