Chapter 30

Please excuse my spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors. Jay is pictured above  as well.

  Jamie POV

I watched Rich pace back and forth through the room as he acted like my dad. He hadn't said anything yet but the look on his face told it all. I didn't bother to say anything because I knew that wouldn't help so I just waited on him to calm down. He stopped finally and took a seat next to my bedside.

Rich: Jamie how could you be 6 weeks pregnant?

Me: Because me and Ryan had-

Rich: I know that, I'm saying why didn't you use protection? Now I'm about to be a God uncle and shit.

He put his hands over his face and just sat there for a moment. To be honest, I was actually excited for this baby to come. I always imagined having a little me running around. I just didn't expect it to be so early. Although I still had a year left at NYU, I was determined to finish regardless of the obstacles that come. Fantasy came back into the room after getting off the phone with Ryan.

Fantasy: He's on his way now, he just got off work.

I nodded as she sat beside me staring off into space. I could tell she was thinking about what just occurred.

Me: Guys, look... I knew this came sooner than any of us expected. But it's not like I'm putting anything on hold. Now y'all know I hustle everyday for what I want to do. Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that will change, I just have to grind a little harder now.

Rich: We're here for you.

Fantasy: Yeah, if you're happy then that's all that matters. Plus Ryan is a good guy. I know he will be happy.

Me: You think so? I'm nervous to tell him.

Some more minutes passed as we all sat and talked about the future and how I wanted things planned out. Suddenly Ryan came in breathing like he had been running around just to find the room number. He looked at me and smiled, I laughed at how scared he was.

Fantasy: Hey Ryan, nice to see you.

Ryan: Hey Fantasy, same to you.

They exchanged hugs and Ryan went over to dap Rich up.

Rich: Wassup, nice to meet you.

Ryan: Same to you. Now what's going on? You're okay right?

He said to me as he stood over my bed looking me in my eyes. Just looking at the way he cared showed me how he felt about me. Fantasy and Rich left out the room giving us some time to talk. He took my hand in his and sat down, not taking his eyes off me. I didn't know how to tell him because I was so nervous of his reaction.

Me: I passed out at Rich's party because I was lightheaded. It's just been a lot of symptoms lately that I wanted to ignore, but I couldn't. And when the doctor told me what was going on an hour ago, it all made sense.

Ryan: What's wrong baby?

He asked squeezing my hand so hard it hurt. I laughed at how scared he was.

Me: Ryan, I'm 6 weeks pregnant.

He stared blankly at me before a smile appeared on his face. This was the happiest I had seen him before.

Ryan: Y-you mean like, we're having a baby? Me and you?

Me: Yes baby, me and you.

I saw the tears coming out from the corner of his eyes as he hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go. I laughed at his excitement and felt relieved he was as happy as me. I held him for a moment as he cried into my embrace. Seeing him like this made me tear up as well, in a good way.