Chapter 29

(I hope this chapter wasn't short! Please excuse my spelling, grammar,punucation, or any other mistakes.)

Jamie POV

I placed the steak back in the oven and checked on the vegetables to see how much longer they needed to cook and turned up the temperature. The maid handled most of the cooking tonight but since it was a big crowd I decided to help her out because she shouldn't have to do it by herself. The food was smelling good already and I was ready to eat and so were the boys. Ryan and his brothers crowded around the patio outside playing cards and drinking beer. They had been focused on that game ever since they started playing and it seemed to me that Randy was taking everyone's money. It was amusing to watch them act like little kids over a card game. Sometimes I wish I was that close to my family but we've been separated for years over something so small.

I took the cold drinks out of the ice box and sat them on the dining table, also removing the expensive decor since we were about to eat. I put my books I had been studying on to the side, clearing most of the counter. The backdoor slid open and in came Ryan from the patio. He didn't look too happy by the way he reached for another beer.

Me: I thought you were watching your weight?

I said rolling my eyes. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

Ryan: Randy is trying to take all of my damn money. This the third game we played and he's wiped out everyone's pockets.

Me: well don't bet all of your money then.

I placed my arms on his chest and looked at him taking the beer from his hands and placing it on the counter. His arms went across my waist firmly as he rested his head in between my neck. I loved when he did that.

Me: I got some good news.

Ryan: what?

Me: Rich is getting out tomorrow and his whole team is throwing him a welcome home party.

Ryan: that's good to hear. I know Fantasy is happy.

Me: yeah she is, she couldn't stop talking about it on the phone.

I said feeling happy for her as well as being excited to see my close friend again. Rich, fantasy and I had been a trio since high school and with him being locked up things seemed vacant. We hadn't been out to eat, the mall, or enjoyed our presence in a long time.

Me: so baby should I wear the pink pumps or the cheetah ones for tomorrow morning?

Ryan: You're just going to go pick him up from jail.

Me: I have to go everywhere in style.

I said before giving him a light kiss on his lips.

Ryan: did you make anything for dessert?

Me: I made something that the guys will like but you... you can just have me.

I said as I kissed him once again before laughing. Rashad came in eventually, not paying attention to us. I was assuming he was ready to eat by the way he was looking around in the kitchen.

Me: shad, dinner will be ready in a minute we're just waiting on the steak to finish cooking.

Rashad: No problem.

Ryan: I'll be right back guys.

He left out and went upstairs, leaving Rashad and I in the kitchen. He sat at the kitchen table on his phone while I watched the oven. I was growing impatient and more hungry by the minute. I leaned against the counter, all this cooking had my back killing me.