Chapter 15 pt 2

Fantasy POV

Rich's father was located at Tisch hospital, which was only a few minutes away from campus. We had no idea what happened, but we were headed to find out. Both of us hadn't said a word since getting in the car. The tension spoke for itself. Rich and his dad had a rocky relationship. So to hear that something had happened, I know he thought about his dad in a different way. Things went left so quick. The shooting that had just took place left many questions in my head. Whatever the reason for the chaos was, Shaun knew about it apparently. It was so many questions I wanted to ask him but instead I kept my mouth closed. Right now wasn't the time.

After a while the radio kept playing the same songs over and over so I decided to turn it off. Now we were both in silence. Rich's hands were gripped onto the wheel staring straight at the road. His eyes were a little watery and I could tell he was scared. I took one hand off the wheel and placed it in mines to where we were holding hands. His sweaty fingers interlocked with mines and his body eased up a little bit.

Me: everything will be okay.

Rich: he has heart problems, so i'm expecting the worst. I don't want to be on bad terms with him while he lays in a hospital bed.

Me: You won't be, showing up to see him says a lot more than you think.

Rich: You know, there hasn't been a time we got to sit down and talk in a while. He just puts my past in my face everytime.

Me: I'll tell you what, if he's in good condition when we get there you can talk to him. Tell him how you're tired of him shaming you. I'll be right there like I told you before. You won't be alone.

He finally looked over at me with a single tear falling down his eye. I wiped it away with my thumb as my hand laid on his cheek, caresssing his face.

Rich: I don't know what I'd do without you.

After making various turns and getting stuck in traffic, he pulled into the parking lot and came on the other side to open my door. We both walked into the building quickly to talk to reception. She was a small lady, probably about in her 50's with dyed black hair, bright pink lipstick and thick rim glasses to cover her small eyes. Once we had gotten the room number, we were headed to room #224. Rich and I walked the halls until we stopped right in front of the door. I gave him a light pat on his back, letting him know to go in.

Rich POV.

I opened the door and there was my father laying on the hospital bed. His eyes were closed like he was sleeping, his hand cuffed with my mother's. He looked a little pale and his breathing seemed to be off. My heart dropped a little seeing him like this. Never had I seen my dad in such a bad position. Fantasy gasped and looked up at me. Her worried expression told me things weren't good. My very own beautiful mother, sat at his bedside. She had her head down so all I could see was her long brown hair and hoop earrings that hung from her ear. I could hear her soft sobbing every now and then. She looked up at me with the same hazel eyes that I had. A slight smile came upon her face. I came over to her side and gave her the tightest hug I could give. She let out her cries into my chest. My mother was a short woman.

Mom: my precious baby, I'm so glad you could come. How have you been?

Me: I been trying mama. Just trying to make a name for myself. What's wrong with dad?

Mom: unfortunately, he had a stroke while we were on the way to surprise you at your performance.

I looked over to my father who still had his eyes closed then back into my mother's red eyes.

Mom: Fantasy dear, it's so good to see you. Thank you for coming along. I always knew you would be here for him.

Fantasy: of course. I'm so sorry this happened. I'm here for everyone and if you need something I'll be right here.