Chapter 3

Fantasy POV

I put the cookies I baked for Rich on his nightstand and watched him sleep. Why was he so lazy? Laughing, I watched him wake up. He had red, chinky eyes and a smirk on his face. Was he high? Again? I sighed and watched him sit up beside me on the bed. I hated when Rich smoked weed. I knew it was pretty common, but it has a bad effect on him. He tends to be rude, sleepy, and his performance on on his work drops. I thought me and Jamie had convinced him to stay away from what he does. But with friends like Shaun and the rest of the team, he's tempted.

Me: Rich? I made your favorite. Peanut butter cookies? You know, the ones your mom used to always make for you?

Rich: thank you, Fantasy. I can't believe you remembered. Every time Jamie makes some they taste like shit.

I chuckled and watch him eat for a minute. A lot of people don't know Rich's background and how good of a come up he has made. He went from being broke, selling drugs, failing high school, to be the best of the best. I helped him along the way to make it to college and help him stay away from his old habits. He smoked every now and then but when I was around he wouldn't. I wiped away a crumb from the side of his cheeks and watched him laugh.

Me: you missed the marathon earlier. Jamie and me participated. 3 miles.

Rich: that's good. Sorry I couldn't support you. I've been busy.

Me: busy smoking weed? You know I hate it when your like this.

Rich: Fantasy I know. I'm doing the best I can. A little won't hurt. Its not like i'm running back to my old ways.

Me: it started off this same way. I'm just worried. I don't want to loose you over drugs. Your too special to me.

Rich: I promise i'll do my best for you. I heard shaun did the 3 mile marathon with you. Too bad I couldn't see you two.

Me: yeah but he took breaks in between so he cheated. You should have came,lazy! Clean yourself up. You're taking me somewhere fun.

Rich: I am?

Me: yes. I want to see a movie.

Rich: okay. You sure your boyfriend won't mind?

Me: he's not my boyfriend. And your my best friend.

Then, Trinity came in the dorm with her book bags and Starbucks cup. She was on the phone chatting and hadn't realized I was in here until she hung up the phone and stared me down. Trinity was Rich's girlfriend. I think they've been going out for a month now and he seems to really like her. I never knew he was attracted to clingy type of girls but whatever. Trinity always low key didn't like me. She thought I liked rich and was trying to steal him from her. But why on earth would I do that? I grabbed my things ready to leave because something told me they had plans.

Trinity: hey baby. And um, fantasy. Didn't expect to see you here. Anyway babe I hope you haven't forgot we were going out to eat around this time.

He stood in between us half sleep staring at the both of us. Well this was weird.

Rich: i'm sorry Fantasy I forgot I had plans with Trin tonight. Maybe another time?

Me: yeah, thats fine. I'll just get my things and leave. See you tomorrow Rich.

I excused myself and walked myself out. As soon as the door closed I heard Trinity's loud voice yelling through the wall. I walked myself out the door and looked for my car when I saw Dalvin leaning on the passenger door. What did he want? The same smile I fell in love with shown across his face and my skin started to boil. He walked up to me as I did to him and we were eye to eye. I can't believe I once loved this fool. The one that I cared about just went and got another girl pregnant.