Chapter 19

Please excuse all mistakes.

Jamie POV

Sarah stood in front of my desk with two drawings in each of her hands. Both of them were designs of dresses I had made in my years of high school and I hadn't seen them since. The smile on her face told me she liked them and also the way she kept putting them in my face everytime I tried ignoring her. My old work I did in high school wasn't really the style I had in my mind now. It was so old, outdated. What I had now could blow minds but yet Sarah still stood here with the same two scrawny pieces of paper. I took them both from her hands and placed them on the desk.

Sarah was a small petite girl, she was only a freshman here. Her young happy spirit really could make me feel better on the days I felt like shit. Even though she was like a bubbly kid, it was good to keep her around and use some of her ideas. Which of course she had a million of ideas. She had long blonde hair that flown all the way to her back and pearly whites now that she had gotten her braces off.

Me: is there something you need Sarah? I'm kind of busy.

Sarah: so I was snooping around in some of your old stuff and ran across these sketches. I think they're beautiful.

Me: look at the date on them, I did this my senior year in high school. I think I've made more progess then this right here.

Sarah: but all it needs is a little touch up and you can definitely use it for the fashion show. Look, to save you trouble, I'll make it happen myself.

Me: why can't we just continue working on what we have here? You don't like the blue one I made over there?

Sarah's facial expression dropped in disappointment once she looked over what I had been working on for the past few weeks. She went over to the dress and touched it lightly while walking around it. Her head shook in dissaprovement. That was the first time I've ever seen someone not like my work. I knew what I could bring to the table and I knew my shit was always on point but in Sarah's eyes she made it seem like nothing.

Sarah: Jamie I love everything you do and every idea you have. But this isn't your best.

Sarah was a real one for telling me what I needed to hear. I twisted my face at her and walked to where she was. Maybe the dress wasn't the best thing I ever worked on but I didn't think it was that bad.

Me: lately my mind has been in other places right now and it's starting to rub off on my designs. How can I make a name for myself if I'm creating Halloween costumes?

Sarah picked up the pictures of the dresses on my desk that I had placed down once before. She shoved it in my chest and sat behind my desk like she was the boss. Surprised, I sat in the visitors chair and started to listen to her like she was ahead of me.

Sarah: take these and make them. I'll help you, this is exactly what we need for the show. Who cares how old it is? Just retouch a couple of things. Come on Jamie if anyone knows what to do its you.

Me: you damn right. How about we get started on it tomorrow? Because I have stuff to do around this time.

Sarah: you got it. Oh and did you hear about the student that died here on campus?

Me: what student?

Sarah: I didn't know her but her name was Trinity. I don't have a picture or last name but it's so sad. People said she got shot but who knows the real reason right? That'll just give another excuse for these detectives to swarm around on our campus.

Trinity? Of course she wouldn't be talking about Rich's ex. There was plenty of trinity's here that go to this Univeristy. Sarah left the room with her things to let me be by myself. I grabbed my purse and car Keys and soon I was out the office. Ryan hadn't texted or called me which was weird. He didn't even show up and bring me lunch like the regular. Instead of calling him I decided just to show up to his place and see what he was up to.