Chapter 7

Shaun POV

I had a class in another hour and as of right now, I just wanted some time to take a nap and get something to eat on the way to my next class. This week had been real hard, balancing out my work in class and on the court. The first game of the season was tomorrow and I was stressed out over many things. If I didn't pass this quiz today in class then I would be on the bench the whole game. I sat my books on the side of the work desk and placed my basketball on the end of my bed. As soon as I was about to sleep there was a knock on my door, I thought I had made it clear to Rich that I didn't want to participate in another PTA festival but something told me that wasn't him at the door.

Once I got up to open the door, it was Fantasy standing there with her textbooks. She had on jeans that fit her shape perfectly and a pink tank top with her little jewelry that went on top of it. Even if I was tired I guess I could make time for a girl I wanted to be with. I smiled back at her and let her in even though I planned on getting some sleep. She walked in a little slower than I thought.

Me: Am I interrupting something?

Shaun: I was going to take a nap before the test but since your here-

Me: I can come by another time you know.

I smiled and put her things down and grabbed her arm to where we were both sitting on my bed watching the TV. She curled up under the covers and looked around.

She always smelled like some type of candy perfume that I loved.

Me: Rich told me how nervous you were. Don't worry, I think you have this all under control.

Shaun: i'm not too good in the books as well as on the court, Fantasy. What if I fail?

Me: you won't. We studied together for this moment. Didn't we?

She was right. I had been to her dorm countless times and she has came to my place many times trying to get this shit down packed. She was the only person who cared if I passed or not besides the people on the team. She's been helping me all this time, I hope she knew how much that meant to me. I took her hand and smiled.

Shaun: you right. And plus, i'm shaun hall, no one can keep me off the court.

Me: back to your cocky self I see. Your not the only one nervous, this will be my first time cheering in a while.

Shaun: how hard can it be to say a few cheers and clap your hands?

Me: i'd like to see you get out there in a skirt and pom poms, its not that easy. Plus i'm a flyer.

Shaun: i'll leave that up to you. But anyways, you'll do good. I've watched you practice.

Me: hopefully I won't have to lead every cheer for Brittany.

Shaun: why do you say that?

Me: she's been acting weird lately, its like she gets tired really fast and last night it looked like she had been crying. Like she had heard something she didn't want to hear.

Brittany POV

My pink Adidas duffle bag slammed on the waxed wood floor of the gym along with all the other cheerleaders stuff. We were going to get this cheer right one way or the other. The bobcats have never looked bad, especially performing at a game and i'll be damn if these girls fuck it up. I tied my blonde hair in a ponytail and turned on the music and called out the routine. The girls were a little slow at first and 2 even forgot what they were doing. I stopped the music and called them out on what they were doing.

Me: Riley for the last time, the right foot goes out before the left. Its like a high kick. Its never too late to get put out the squad. If you can't handle it you will get kicked out.