Chapter 25 (short)

I don't think this is my best chapter, plus it's short. But I hope you guys like it, I'm trying to make time to update faster and I do appreciate everyone still reading this book after the long waits. Love y'all
Also please excuse all errors like grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.

Fantasy POV

I hung up the phone after talking to my mom for about an hour. Sooner or later she was going to call me anyways to ask what's been going on since Rich was still the trending topic on the news. The school had been catching a lot of backlash lately with the crime that was going on. Luckily, my mom was on my side when I told her Rich was innocent and was even willing to come down here and protest. My mom loved him like he was her own. Not to mention our parents got along great. Speaking of Rich's parents, I had been updating Rich's dad about everything that has been going on and giving him all the details. He was pissed and he had a hard time of understanding everything.

Jamie turned the music back up after I ended my call. One thing I hated was when Jamie drives because she's always speeding. I looked over at her as she sung the lyrics to the music and popped her gum. Once the song was over she turned off the radio and looked over to me.

Jamie: so, your birthday is coming up. What you wanna do?

Me: Honestly with everything that's been happening I can't even think about my birthday.

Jamie: girl. Nonsense, Rich would want you to have fun and since we know the truth we can turn up.

Thomas: I told you fantasy. Everything is going to be okay.

Thomas agreed, sitting in the backseat. Of course he had to come with me because he would put up a fit if I didn't tell him where I was.

Me: guys, I don't know. It won't even feel right.

Jamie: well I'm throwing a big ass party for you. And it won't be on campus since people want to shoot up the place. Everything we have its always niggas shooting it up. It's always a brother tryna kill another brother. Black people have to stick together man.

Thomas: and it be over little shit too. Niggas quick to pull the trigger over something petty.

Jamie: I'm thinking we can make reservations at a strip club? You know, let loose a little.

It didn't matter what Jamie was planning, I still wasn't in the mood for it. Having fun was the last thing on my mind as of now.

Sooner or later we were in the mall looking around. Thomas had went to the food court but told me to stay somewhere near. Jamie and I decided to go in forever21 just to look around. I hadn't been shopping in a while but as for Jamie she lived in this store. Everything they had she had it in her closet as well. We both went to the section where the crop tops where and started to pick out some of the things we liked. Jamie already had her hands full but I still didn't find anything that caught my eye.

Me: so tell me what happened when you were at Ryan's house.

Jamie: girl it went great. I mean, it's like the situation never happened. The night was one for the books.

She said giving me a wink.

Me: and why is that?