Chapter 27

Please excuse all my mistakes

Brittany POV

My homegirl and I pulled up into the apartments that Dalvin stayed in. I needed to have a long talk with his ass and it wasn't going to be pretty. I had been looking for him for the past few days but he was no where to be seen and he definitely wasn't picking up his phone. No one gets away with stealing my fucking car and leaving me at a gas station. I needed my damn car back and I needed some answers. Once we pulled into the parking lot, I seen my car, but it wasn't how I imagined it to be. My car had been shot up multiple times, the tires were gone, the windows were busted and spray paint was all over the trunk.

Furious, I got out the car and ran up the steps to the apartment building quickly, not caring I was making a scene. Once I found the apartment number I banged on the door loudly, waiting for him to come answer. Right now I could barely hold my breath due to some bullshit that Dalvin wants to pull on me. I just wanted answers as to why he would think its okay to steal my car and act like I didn't know where his bitch ass lived. After 3 more loud knocks on the door, it finally opened and there was Leo right there with a mug on his face. Leo was always at Dalvin's place and never knew how to stay at his own house. I pushed his ass out the way and made my way in.

Me: where the fuck is Dalvin?

Leo: damn, he in the back shorty chill.

Me: ain't no fucking chill, y'all wanna explain why y'all left me at the damn gas station and got the nerve to ruin my car? This some type of joke?

I said looking at him up and down as he did the same. By the look on his face I could tell he was high and barely understood anything I was saying to him. I grabbed the bat that was sitting behind the couch and threatened to hit him since he wasn't giving me any answers.

Leo: we found out the truth about you Brittany, I don't see why you're mad. We're the ones who's pissed.

Me: what you talking about?

Dalvin: you knew where that nigga was all along. You been meeting up with this nigga, while we out here trying to find him.

I turned around to see Dalvin coming from the back hall.

Me: I never knew where he was.

Leo: so you mean to tell me you wasn't dragging him into a old building? Or I must be blind.

Dalvin: I always knew you was a liar, that's all you like to do. You lied when you told me you didn't want Shaun, you lied when you told Shaun it was his baby, and now you lie about not knowing where he is. Since you love that nigga so much why don't you go hide with him. Put that fucking bat down you not about to do shit with it.

I kept the bat in my hand ready to swing on either one of them until Dalvin pulled out a gun and aimed it right to my face. I started to the release my grip from the bat I had in my hands. There was nothing I could do now, I was caught up in a lie I couldn't get out of. Dalvin walked up to me and looked down into my eyes. I was scared of what he was going to do since he still had the gun to my face. Leo stood in the back with his hands in his jacket.

Dalvin: why the fuck haven't you told us anything? You know we been out here looking dumb when you knew all along? You messing up my money. This nigga want me dead, him and everyone he work for. On top of that you know how many times the cops been at my door asking me about that damn shooting at the play? Brittany let's be real, you don't care about me. You had the nerve to come to my doorstep and cry about the baby being gone?

Me: I was going to tell him sooner or later but you didn't even want to claim our baby. Let's not mention you tell me you have a STD, after we had sex? What type of shit is that? I'm not the one to blame here. You not the one that has to pay for that damn car outside.